Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with map oacmpctf1  (Read 11313 times)
UnPlayer
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 24, 2014, 06:01:33 PM »

Hello everybody!

I downloaded the community pack and while I was playing I change the map to oacmpctf1 and got this error:

Code:
WARNING: reused image textures/q3j/white.tga with mixed glWrapClampMode parm
----- Client Shutdown (Client fatal crashed: Requested feature was omitted at compile time) -----
OpenAL capture device closed.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
----- Server Shutdown (Server fatal crashed: Requested feature was omitted at compile time) -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
AAS shutdown.
---------------------------
Requested feature was omitted at compile time

Is strange because I only see this error when I play in a clean installation of OA. If I play with my computer (which have a lot of maps) the map load BUT there are some missing textures.

Are there some way to solve this?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »

There's an error with that map, indeed, which will be solved in the very final release of the OACMP1.
And it's my fault. -.-

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
UnPlayer
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:22:27 PM »

Ok, for one moment thought I broke something on my config and also I thought this OACMP1 pack was the final release. So I will wait until the final release to enjoy the map 100%

Thanks for answer so fast.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 06:31:40 PM »

Mixed clamp parameters in shaders should not be fatal, it's something else.  Most likely progressive jpeg usage

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 06:56:37 PM »

Yes that cryptic error message is from the JPEG image library.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 07:42:10 PM »

It is progressive JPEG usage. It's a fault of mine because I did a replacement for a CC-BY-NC-ND derivated texture which got past the radar (and wasn't reported at all in over a whole year of development, only when the pack was released it was reported -.-) and I forgot to untick the Progressive check on GIMP. -.-

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 02:15:01 AM »

Just for the record:
OACMP Volume 1 version 1 and version 2 have been "pulled off" due to having one non-gpl texture passed past the radar.
OACMP Volume 1 version 3 is the current version, but it's not "final" anymore due to oacmpctf1 crashing (at least with official OA 0.8.8 Windows binaries) due to the replacement for that texture having being saved with progressive encoding (Neon Knight quickly replaced the non-gpl texture when it has been discovered, but he didn't immediately notice the bug caused by the new one, probably due to he's using Linux, I can guess).
OACMP Volume 1 version 4 will hopefully be the final version.... it has not been released yet due to we taking the chance to apply some other fixes (you can check this thread). I'm not sure about its release date...

UnPlayer, I can guess the reason that on your non-clean installation the game does not crash, is that Jan (author of oacmpctf1) made some textures inspired by the "popular" (but non-gpl) XCSV texture package, maintaining the "xcsv" path although his textures were redone from scratch (exept the one he forgot to replace). Probably, at least one of the extra packages you have in your non-clean OA installation includes the real xcsv texture folder, and one image in that folder "overrides" the progressive encoded one from OacmpVol1V3... it is not shown anyway for some reason, but at least it doesn't crash.
For OACMP Volume 1 V4, that "xcsv" folder (which includes images from Jan, and not from xcsv) will be renamed to something else, to avoid overrides and confusion (to say it all, it may have been good to also rename some other texture folders to be sure to avoid overriding, but probably that will not be done to do not risk to do more damages... Neon Knight will decide). In general, usage of "commonly used" texture folder names is something we should avoid since the beginning for OACMP Volume 2.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:05:01 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 07:36:47 AM »

Sudden nitpicking out of nowhere doesn't help either.  We could've just went final with just the fixed texture and left it at that....

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 07:58:27 AM »

He pointed out the fact a clean OA installation crashed and a non-clean installation not, so I can guess he would have liked an explaination... I tried to tell him a reason for that.

... and considering other people may arrive on this page due to experiencing the same issues, an unique post which quickly sums up what happened with OACMP Vol1 re-releases may avoid them the need to search into longer OACMP forum threads to figure out what happened...

Wink

Hey, I summed up months of happenings in just a few lines, it's a good thing considering my "veborse" standards!  Grin PS: I'm writing from a 16:9 FullHD monitor at the moment, text lenght perception is altered (I'm used to 4:3 monitors)...

PS: FH, I'm not sure if you were referring to my post above or to the various OACMP releases instead.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:53:25 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
UnPlayer
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 01:23:01 PM »

As Gig said I also think that I have some file or files on my OA folder which avoid the map oacmpctf1 crash.

Maybe I can help but I'm a player not a developer so I think there aren't too many things I can do. If I post a list of my *.pk3 I have in my baseoa folder could help? or I can do screenshots about the textures I can/cannot see...

Tell me something and what I can do, I will do.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 01:49:57 AM »

Don't worry, we know which is the texture which causes oacmpctf1 to crash, it will be fixed in V4.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: