Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALERT: QUAKE LIVE SUCKS  (Read 13640 times)
[ERROR_42]
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

If you can read this, then you don't need glasses

« on: July 11, 2014, 08:55:31 AM »

Quake Live: It sucks balls. Here's why:

Models: Everyone looks like some green fat guy with yellow pants.

Weapons: Nerfed. The good ol' Railgun is no longer a one-hit frag, but has been nerfed to 90 damage. While that's still a lot, I'd think that getting hit with a 10-pound slug going at 100 mph would do some serious damage. And the Machinegun sure needed nerfing...

You have to pay X dollars per month to get the full game: You can get Q3A forever for the price of a QL premium account for 2 months.

NO MODS: Speaks for itself, really

No OSX/Linux support: Wtf Id, you guys used to spit out Linux software like there was no tomorrow.

Don't get Quake Live. I beg of you.

Whenever someone says "Use a mod" I cut myself. I've almost bled to death a couple of times (No, not really.)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:49:23 AM »

I think people should be free to play what they prefer.

I do prefer OA, but I would not say that "quake live sucks", like you did.
It's a different game, with a different mood. It has got some good things (e.g. cylindric hitboxes, good looking maps...), and various bad things (no mod support, account purged after 180 days of inactivity, no multiplatform anymore, etc.). OA is about FREEDOM, Quake Live focuses on other aspects.

Surely I encourage people to play OA, but I don't discourage them to try other games, too.

PS: About other players' models in QL, go to Game Settings -> Advanced -> Team Options, and disable "force team model" and "force anemy model", if you wish!  Wink

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Q3A/Quake_Live
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:06:15 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 04:58:26 PM »

I tried quake live and it was ok it always felt like their was some type of lag always going on and when I looked on their forums others where reporting the same. Anyway when I did play I really never liked their maps and felt they lacked flow and the items where just randomly placed on most after awhile I just quit. I have to say OA is better no tons of lag and the items placement on most maps is good.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:38:18 PM »

I think the lighting gun got a bit nerfed too.

One thing that bugged me was the sparks instead of blood.

When QuakeLive first come out it did support Linux, probably OSX too.  Seems odd that they would drop something that was already working.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »

I think the lighting gun got a bit nerfed too.

One thing that bugged me was the sparks instead of blood.

When QuakeLive first come out it did support Linux, probably OSX too.  Seems odd that they would drop something that was already working.

They probably dropped it so they don't have to maintain 3 different OS versions (saves time and money).

I disagree with having worse maps than OA; they look way more finished. The flow is exactly the same as Quake 3 mods;,as they often borrowed maps from it (Like QuakeWorld, Quake 2, etc). You just have to play maps a bit more than just once. This also includes the positions of the items...

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Zumy
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »

I tried it, lightning gun and machine gun seems useless... I could only find servers in wich they play some mode to start with full ammo and double hp, red armor...

And well it's like a racing game because people will do nothing but running away spamming grenades, rockets and rail.

They have the "pro" config set by default, and everything is serious business on team fights....like DONT USE MG YOU ***** ********** ******* USE RAIL OR ROCKET ONLY

Oh and rockets are a lot more faster!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: