Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: one-on-one deathmatch setup  (Read 6281 times)
desolate_shiftings
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: January 24, 2015, 03:39:43 AM »

Hi, my friend and I would like to set up one-on-one deathmatches, but we
don't know how to connect to each other. How does one do this?

We just want to pick a level and face off directly. He lives in the United
States and I live in Germany.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 03:05:31 AM »

Easiest thing is having both two of you connecting to the same already-existing server created by someone else. "Callvote", if enabled, may allow you to change gametype/map...

Of course you can create your own server, but bad news it that you have to configure your router and firewall(s) to allow incoming connections on a certain UDP port first (usually UDP port 27960). After that, the rest is relatively simple: check your own current IP address, (http://www.whatismyip.com/ or similar site can help you), then launch the game and create your own server (multiplayer->create), then tell your IP to your friend and he will use "/connect ip:port", like "/connect 10.0.0.1" or "/jconnect 10.0.0.1:27960".

Fore more info, you can refer to:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#How_can_I_organize_matches_with_my_friends_all_around_the_world.3F_How_can_I_talk_with_them.3F

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: