Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: OA3 board no longer public?  (Read 29101 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »

. If you have something like a safe/lewd switch

Applying a similar functioning switch whole pak wide would be a huge hit to loading times so no.  The safe/lewd only applies to models/players

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Danfun64
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »

. If you have something like a safe/lewd switch

Applying a similar functioning switch whole pak wide would be a huge hit to loading times so no.  The safe/lewd only applies to models/players

Pity. I had a homemade censorship pk3 which removed the pentagrams and toned down other dark imagery, which obviously got ignored by most servers due to "sv_pure 1". Such a thing will become obsoleted by OA3 obviously, but considering that some people have sensetive parents, and considering you are going as your safe/lewd system for models, even if it obviously won't happen, it would have been interesting if it did.

While that is out of the question, do you think servers with "com_blood 0" could have Quake Live style sparks in OA3?

edit: one more question. For the sake of linux distros like debian, do you think that, along with LCC, you could implement a truly free VM as a compilation option? This link is relevant: https://github.com/zturtleman/spearmint/issues/128
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:54:55 PM by Danfun64 » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 05:29:04 AM »

Incidental decorative pentagrams in maps won't get children into worshipping satan.  If it did, Doom and Lemmings would have already taken over a generation.

also I believe this has drifted far away from the whole topic of the OA3 board access, i'd like to focus more time on art production and less on fulfilling debian politics.  Priorities. if LCC is a huge problem then we'd compile native anyway since it'd benefit in performance for the low end and with that new particle system...

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:53:11 AM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Danfun64
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 10:44:41 AM »

You didn't answer my second question, which (kind of) has to do with art Tongue

do you think servers with "com_blood 0" could have Quake Live style sparks in OA3?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:01:38 PM by Danfun64 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: