Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: More questions regarding OACMP  (Read 63980 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 01:48:10 AM »

Hi guys! I'm back... now I can do something, if needed.

Neon Knight, any news?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 01:51:02 AM »

Hi Gig.

I think you can do a map for this new pack, as you can see, more mapper are needed at this time.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:08 AM »

I want to do something also as some sort of OA3 transitional map. My preferred toolchain is a problem for collaboration though...

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 02:35:51 AM »

Hi Gig.

I think you can do a map for this new pack, as you can see, more mapper are needed at this time.

I was referring about completing OACMP Volume 1 V4...  Roll Eyes

PS: I do have some stuff for one (or maybe two) OACMP Volume 2 maps... maybe in these days I may work on that...
To talk about OACMP Volume 2, there is an apposite thread... however I would prefer fixing volume 1 first.

PPS: Fromhell, what do do you mean with "sort of OA3 transitional map"? Do you mean an OACMP map which strictly follows DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OA3#Maps]OA3 map guidelines, or what? For the second part of your post, I can guess you are referring to your use of Quark, which is not very compatible with Radiant editors...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:44:35 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 03:42:39 AM »

This thread is named "More questions regarding OACMP" and not only for volume one i presume.

I don't think Neon_Knight want to release v.1.4 fixes, for time reasons i think....

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 04:14:56 AM »

I don't think Neon_Knight want to release v.1.4 fixes,
At the end of July, he said he would have seen what he could do, although he had lost some OA stuff during a PC change.

for time reasons i think....
Right, we all are busy, and I don't want to "force" him... I was just asking how's going...
Maybe he may reply "next month I will have some time", or "I have set up my Radiant, next week I will do something" or even "guys, it's a bad moment, we'll talk again next year"....

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 09:34:45 AM »

maybe

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 10:04:53 AM »

maybe
What about a few more words about that? A Minecraft-style map maybe?

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 03:45:53 PM »

no

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 04:56:19 AM »

maybe
What about a few more words about that? A Minecraft-style map maybe?

You seriously want people uninstall their OA right?
OA is way better in graphics than minecraft ever will be.

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 05:55:28 AM »

No please, Minecraft no.......
 Rest In PEACE!

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »

Just a heads-up. I've created a Github repo for the OACMP1, complete with a pk3 generator for both Linux and Windows. It has helped a lot, so far. Plenty of avoidable problems in the past happened because I forgot to pack key assets (models, some textures, and the like) into the zip files. This shouldn't happen anymore.

So, from now on, I'll be uploading the changes directly into the repo, and all you just have to do to check how development is going is git pull then git checkout then run build-pack.bat in order to get the PK3. Oh, and of course, if you haven't cloned the repo into your local hd, git clone. Smiley

¿For change uploading? git add -A then git commit then git push. :3

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2017, 01:53:42 PM »

Ehm... are you really asking everyone to register on github and learn to use it?

Once I installed "Github Desktop"... which ran many executables from within %appdata% folder (a thing that may be blocked by security policies) and left a lot of leftover files under various locations after uninstalling. I didn't like that.

It's ok you keep a "official version" on Git, but please post updated maps also here on the forum and allow us to attach ours here... Please...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:43:08 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2017, 02:27:06 PM »

I think Github allows you to upload a file to your repo directly from the web interface, no 'git' command needed, and it will create a,commit for you automatically.
I don't think it's a problem to upload maps to forum as we always did.
With those build scripts I will be able to make sure that the lighting and shaders on my PC and on Neon_Knight's PC will look the same after map compilation.
Not like I'm particularly active mapper or anything  Azn
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2017, 07:29:28 PM »

If you want to also test and edit, you can download from the URL I gave the entire repo without having to download GIT.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2017, 07:09:22 AM »

In the meanwhile, to reprise the point...

An "OACMP Vol1 v4" is necessary due to a major bug with OACMPCTF1 which in V3 crashes the game with certain binaries (most notably, Windows binaries) due to couple of jpg which used "progrssive compression".
We can take the chance to add in some more fixes... e.g. maybe some maps were too dark in V3 (due to some file missing from shaderlist.txt back then?) or for some reason regressed some previously fixed bug.

There is this post of mine which tried to be a "recap" of the situation in 2015, which lists various possible bugfixes and small improvements with packaging, plus mentioning that the last two pages after this post in another thread may contain some further feedback...
And with this post I tried to update/fix some documentation files for the packaging (they are attached to that post), e.g. some map-specific readme files which were still missing.
And in this post there was the latest version (version 20) of "udestruction/oacmpdm10" map.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:33:37 AM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2017, 09:29:11 AM »

Nk, I see on github that you already recompiled a few maps with some fixes.

Here there is a small idea (you don't "have to" do it... it's just an idea): what about adding "possession" gametype to some of the maps? IIRC, the only thing you need is to make a neutral flag spawn in "pos" gametype... am I right?

I changed OS since the last time I compiled oacmpdm10.. if it still works with just few path corrections, I might add it there, too... otherwise patience.

PS: Looking better at this change (https://github.com/NeonKnightOA/oacmpvol1/commit/2c11b6ceee97e09d39a96daab2d55f05a72fc3e2), why only bsp and aas? Not the .map? Isn't that udestruction version 20?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:44:16 AM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »

I've only recompiled the maps. The .map files weren't changed at all. oacmpdm10 is at the latest versions from the fixpacks. Didn't knew there was a later version.

Also, this is only for MAJOR bugfixes. Compilation problems, broken stuff, annoying glitches, things like that.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2017, 11:32:30 AM »

Didn't knew there was a later version.
Didn't you check that couple of posts from mine I ponted out here (http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=5138.msg55203#msg55203) which I wrote a few days after the 2015 "let's try to recap" post (which was already later than the latest "fixpack")?

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2017, 02:05:08 PM »

Updated oacmpdm10 to Gig's latest version.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2017, 05:19:09 AM »

Updated oacmpdm10 to Gig's latest version.
Thank you very much.  Smiley

Trying to figure out things which are still "outdated" in the GIT repo:
- MAPPOOLS: the .cfg files included with oacmp are the mappools, but their filenames are too long and thus do not work properly: they should be changed with those you find in "_oacmp1_mappols.pk3" you find attached to this post from 2014 (which also contains a txt which explains how to use them, and two additional .cfg files which allow to easily enable/disable them). WARNING: At the moment, under GIT, they are under "baseoa", but they don't work from there, they should be outside from baseoa (in the main folder inside the pk3 file), as they are in V3!
- DOCUMENTATION: I did some documentation fixes in 2015 (example: adding missing readme files OACMPDM8 and OACMPCTF2, and much more): attached to that post, you can find "oacmp1v4_package_infos_beta_20150723.zip". The post itself explains how to use it (I'm sorry it's a sort of boring reading, but it's necessary to follow those instructions step-by-step). WARNING: from that zip, don't take "oacmpdm10.txt" file, as the version coming from "udestruction version 20" (I guess the one you uploaded yesterday to github) is newer than that one (so, the one you uploaded yesterday is the good one).
Note: in the real packaging, the "docs" folder should go to both the zip and the pk3, IIRC.

- In the same zip, there are also updated txt files which should go to "oacmp-mod/"... and updated "sources/mapsources.txt"

- About the SOURCES folder: attached to the same post as the points above, but outside from the zip, you can also find "OACMPDM10 texture sources README.txt": that should be placed to replace existing "Under Destruction texture sources README.txt" which is under "/sources/textures/". Under the same path, the "udestruction" folder should be renamed "oacmpdm10".

I'd like to know more about github to be able to update those files on your repo by myself... but I suck at it.  Rest In PEACE! (Update: see below)

Other things mentioned in the "recap post" (not the map bugs)... let's check them against current git repo...
- Under "/sources/models/oacmp/" the files there do mention the "old" mapnames, such as "akom1" or "akom4" instead of "oacmpdmX". I'm not even sure you actually used all of them...
- Updated levelshots, at the end?
- In the pk3 file, in the "sources" folder, one may place a "texturesources.txt" file which would say to look in "oacmp-volume1-v4.zip" for sources of textures (referring to (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OACMP if one does not have it). NOTE: Looking at github, at the moment .map files are just under "/baseoa/maps", they are not in a distinct "sources" folder...

UPDATE: Found "add files" on github, so I might try to fork you repo, change required files and make a pull request to update them on your repo, too. But the current way the files are organized in your git repo puzzles me, due to required/missing distinction of what's in the .zip and what's in the pk3. One may think that "what's in baseoa is what goes in the pk3", but in reality there are some files which should go in the pk3, but outside from baseoa folder... Is it possible to clarify such organization (by creating a folder named "baseoa/z_oacmp-volume1-v4.pk3/", maybe? -take a look to how v3 zip is packaged-), before I try to update some files?

UPDATE 2: I noticed I linked the wrong post in the paragraph about documentation. Now I fixed the link.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:08:56 AM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2017, 11:15:22 AM »

Git repo updated with the proposed changes. I hope to have gotten everything right.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2017, 01:54:00 PM »

Git repo updated with the proposed changes.
Thank you very much!  Wink
I hope to have gotten everything right.
It looks like you did well.  Smiley

Starting to check:
- Considering there is "oacmpvol1/docs/OACMP1-Readme.txt", then "oacmpvol1/docs/OACMP-Readme.txt" can be deleted.
- oacmpvol1/docs/oacmpdm6.txt erroneusly mentions "File: oacmpdm6.pk3", with .pk3 in the place of .bsp. Same thing with oacmpdm5.txt. My fault, I missed them back in 2015.
Let's see if I'm capable of doing these small fixes on Github...

UPDATE: Okay, you have a pull request for some changes I did by forking: https://github.com/NeonKnightOA/oacmpvol1/pull/1. Do you know if there is a way to make more edits as a single "commit"?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:24:14 PM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »

Pull request accepted. I've added one, as well, which makes the liquid and fog shaders translucent in the editor (no changes ingame).

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2017, 12:17:26 AM »

Pull request accepted. I've added one, as well, which makes the liquid and fog shaders translucent in the editor (no changes ingame).
This edit, uh? https://github.com/NeonKnightOA/oacmpvol1/commit/6d63743916ed0ed44afcefe8c31d565cbc5454c2
I don't get why the change is shown as the addition of "^M" instead of going to new line...  Undecided

By the way, do you know if, when you use "enter key" on github site, it adds Windows-Style or Linux-Style carriage retutn?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: