Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prophet Sound Pack  (Read 9324 times)
Zero Prophet
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: February 24, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »

All right, so we all know that OpenArena is fun as hell, but I felt that it was missing a little something. To put it simply, the weapon sounds needed more beef. Being bored, I decided to do something about that.

Voila. This sound pack of "mine" upgrades all the weapon sounds and is a rather nice improvement. While I'm no sound designer myself, I felt like something needed to be done, and perhaps this little pack may prove useful to somebody.

Now, onward to the big question: Exactly how "free" is it? The sounds are based on two outside sources. Firstly, Inferno's unitFXsound pack available from Freesound, Creative Commons License. The rest is spliced together from stuff from Awesund, particularly his rather old SiN weapons pack. I have no clue what the licensing is on these, however, so I'm not exactly how sure how well they'd fit. I'm no expert at this legal crap, so hopefully one of you has a bit more of a clue than I. Wink

However, I hope this comes in handy anyway. Wink
Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »

Uh oh, I sense license arguments...
tw3k
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 05:08:25 PM »

rut roh
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 06:06:56 PM »

Uh oh, I sense license arguments...

i sense a rules thread saying that backseat moderation will be dealt with because it is stupid. We don't need a "STOP BEING MEEN!" in license discussion, either

Awesund's Sin weapons sounds derive from Quake AND SiN, so they're not really original work
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 06:08:34 PM by leileilol » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 07:02:32 PM »

I don't know how the first response to a thread putting down the original poster in such a way I've seen can be labeled as 'discussion', but whatever.
Zero Prophet
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 04:21:29 PM »

Okay, so... no feedback then. Should I just remove it and pretend it never existed?
tw3k
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 05:15:53 PM »

I like the rail sound. Too bad it's not GPL.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 06:45:37 PM »

Okay, so... no feedback then. Should I just remove it and pretend it never existed?

It has nothing to do with your sounds and more to do with the license of the sounds, we can only distribute something that is license compatible with the GNU GPL.  If you could find source sounds that are licensed under the GPL and re-work those or do completely original sounds and license them under the GNU GPL we could distribute them and you would definitely get more feedback.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: