Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightly gamecode builds  (Read 22776 times)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« on: June 17, 2016, 11:39:33 AM »

Nightly builds of the gamecode can now be found here: http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/oa/dev088/gamecode_nightly/

They are build from the latests master branch of https://github.com/OpenArena/gamecode

I also attempted to make a build of engine a couple of weeks ago but the Windows version gave me trouble with curl.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 12:31:29 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! Thank you, Sago!

Hopefully fromhell's features for OA3 could be implemented on both gamecode and engine!

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 09:26:43 AM »

Hopefully fromhell's features for OA3 could be implemented on both gamecode and engine!
Hopefully the changes from leixperimental will be merged into gamecode soon. I have been holding back making changes to gamecode as long as there is a long lived alternative branch.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »

most of the leixperimental changes have been in cg anyway. mostly the marks code and the weapons code (which I need to do some serious cleanup on)

i will probably also need to put out a pk3 file involving the new shaders related to this code and maybe a debug box player for the new player animations. i'm still working on a new rig though so the player might have to wait

The UI code could probably be copied over directly since i'm migrating to that scripted system (and would probably need an additional switch to enable maybe iirc).  Cgame would also need updates for its scripted hud and loading screen also
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:27:58 PM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 05:06:01 AM »

Would it be possible to merge leixperimental into gamecode at this time?

I tried merging "- New player animations" into gamecode. There was a few hunks that failed to merge and cg_particles.c had to be recreated.

Unless leixperimental makes the game completly unplayable I would recommend merging it sooner rather than later. It just gets harder and riskier the longer you wait.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 07:12:44 PM »

cg_particles.c isn't used.  Particles are done with cg_marks.c instead, and I do try to keep that file tidy at least.

The player stuff might need manual merging and sounds like something i'd have to do.  The eye stuff are at least necessary (for the player's heads' eyes to work). I still think the mess of cg_weapons.c is the worst part of it all, and also the default player model name had been changed from Sarge to Sorceress so there's also that to watch out for

Maybe in a cleanup all my weapons fluff can get moved to the bottom of the file

i also imagine all the rfactory ui/hud changes would be hard to merge also
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:15:29 PM by fromhell » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 07:33:51 AM »

Is there a chance to have nightly engine builds as well? I need/want to use r_slowness and the other engine vars which FH did, though I don't know if they're already comitted.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 10:06:11 AM »

I have been building one. I have a working Linux build on my computer and a semi working Windows build.

I need to make a small patch to the Windows version to be able to use a static version of libxmp.

For the Linux version you are properly better off compiling it yourself. There are a lot of dependencies anyway.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 12:26:38 PM »

I'm interested in the Windows version. Several PCs I use for several reasons have Windows in them.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 07:51:15 PM »

also the libxmp I use is the "lite" variation which only supports mod/s3m/it/xm formats (and none of the crazy exotic ones that bloat the library to 2mb).  If there's going to be a static libxmp , it should be that

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: