Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: More questions regarding OACMP  (Read 63977 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2017, 06:55:05 AM »

I noticed a typo in
/docs/OACMP1-Readme.txt
"You can contanct OACMP Team"

I tell you here because it looked overkill to fork again and do a pull request just for a single typo.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2017, 12:44:37 AM »

I was curious and I did this small test.

I tried (with OAX mod, of course) OACMPDM10 in gametype 13, and noticed that Possession works on it, out-of-the box without the need to do any change to the map.
Also, I noticed that since back then I placed "gametype" key on "team_CTF_neutralflag" and not on "domination_point"(s), in Possession the white flag spawns in the place of Domination points, changing position at every match.

Wondering of other OACMPvol1 maps are already Possession-proof... (in theory, considering that the mode is designed to work with more or less any map, even going for deatchmatch spawn points as a last resort if it cannot find any neutral flag or domination point...)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:58:55 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2017, 04:43:12 AM »

Well, usually if the flag lacks the gametype key, then it can support Possession.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2017, 05:13:14 AM »

Well, usually if the flag lacks the gametype key, then it can support Possession.
Having the flag always spawning in the same place is probably the most practical way to play Possession, but it's not the only one. The mapper may prefer to make players always know where the flag will spawn, and so let it spawn in the place of neutral flag, or may prefer to make players search for it, making it spawn in a different place each match, and so let it spawn in the place of Domination points...
The flag will even spawn at deathmatch spawn points if nothing more specific is found (this one may be a bit risky because in a few maps some spawn points may be placed in places that are no more reachable after initial spawn). Knowing the exact sequence used may be nice... I think Sago even said it searches for a certain pos-specific entity before searching for the neutralflag, but he never mentioned the name of such entity (which would be good to know, now that we are also working on Radiant gamepack entity definitions!).

I'm not sure, but probably in the original Possession from Quake 3 Revolution (PS2) the flag did spawn in different places.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2017, 12:12:12 PM »

I think Sago even said it searches for a certain pos-specific entity before searching for the neutralflag, but he never mentioned the name of such entity
It is not exactly pos-specific. It will pick a random "domination_point". The point will be picked at startup and it will be the same for the rest of the match. That might be tweaked later.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: