Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to change weapon settings?  (Read 8707 times)
Aileras
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: May 19, 2018, 07:06:40 PM »

I would like to change some of the weapon settings for the server I admin. For Instance, the ammo amounts and or weapon damage (not really sure what can be modified).

This would be using the rcon commands thru the console. (If there are any?) I don't have access to the actual server to be able to modify the server cfg file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 06:47:07 AM »

AFAIK, you cannot change specific weapon damage in baseoa, although I think such feature is in a few mods.
It is however possible to change a multiplier for the damage of all weapons (since OA 088).

It is possible to customize weapon (ammo) loadout for Elimination-like modes by using elimination* cvars.
It is possible to remove or replace all items of a certain kind from the map.
General weapon respawn time can be customized.
General Knockback can be customized.
Quad damage factor can be customized (despite the name, its multiplier is 3 by default).
It's possible to disable self damage caused from weapons by using dmflags.

Take a look to:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Special_game_options
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Disabling_and_replacing_items
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Weapons
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Weapons/Appendix
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Elimination#CVARs
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:02:51 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Aileras
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 04:41:59 PM »

Thanks for that info Gig,

I looked at the server cfg file and found a setting that is probably specific to the mod the server is running and was able to adjust the amount of ammo for each weapon.

Hopefully that will solve the problem I'm running into. I won't post the setting here because I'm guessing it won't work anywhere else.

Thanks again  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: