Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game seems to work fine, until....  (Read 13201 times)
RandallLinux
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: November 05, 2018, 06:49:45 PM »

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/b2gCg2Y4VV/

the game starts, I can edit the options, I can decide to play on a network or against bots, but as soon as its supposed to load the actual game so I can play, it immediately crashes to desktop. above is the console output in the terminal.

here is the crashlog.txt
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MDHfnZjYbT/
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 02:13:35 AM »

Did you install the game from a linux repo (apt-get etc.), or did you download from official website and manually extract it?
If it is the first case, I strongly recommend you to try the second one.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RandallLinux
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »

yeah, I installed it from the linux repo, I'll look into getting it from an official source

edit:

downloaded it from the internet archive and it works fine, shouldn't someone also be making the one from the repos work too? or just remove it from the repos all together?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:27:12 PM by RandallLinux » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 03:36:37 AM »

OpenArena developers don't have any control over the various Linux repos...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: