Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get control of new maps in the singleplayer menu?  (Read 4901 times)
decomp
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: March 11, 2007, 05:13:01 AM »

HI, I'm new at this. I discovered Openarena just 2 weeks ago.
I'm wondering what's going on with the singleplayer menu; i cant grasp it.
There  where i believe 3 maps in my singleplayer menu that where downloaded in a multiplayer session besides the maps from the program itself. Yesterday i discovered a few maps in the "maps corner" of this forum and placed them into the baseoa folder of the program. Reading their .arena file, a few of the maps are for singleplayer. (Other maps have no arena file and have to be started trough the console: ok, no problem, that's not the point. )
I find it weird that only 1 extra map with a arena file for "single" showes up in the singleplayer menu.
I have a "tier one"  and a "tier two" (8 maps). If i change the extension into .pkk for one map another map shows up as last map in the menu. If i change this map's extension too, i would expect a third map would show up, but that's not happening: i'm back to only "tier one" then, no "tier two" anymore? Am i missing something or is there some bug in the menu code?(probably the first is the latter.)

I'm on a multi user winxp system. So every user has is own "application data" folder with a Openarena subfolder that has also a "baseoa" subfolder on board. One map that's been downloaded in a multiplayer session was placed there? The other downloaded maps in a multiplayer session where integrated in the standard .pk3's of the program itself?

So, i'm wondering:
1. How do i get full control over what's showing up in the singleplayer menu?
(My next step would be to try integrate the different new maps into the pakX-*.pk3 files of the program and see what happens.)
2. Can i controle the place where a new map is placed when downloading it in a multiplayer session?
(Why was one map placed in a user folder and not in the standard program baseoa folder?)
3. is the singleplayer menu limited to "tier 1" + "tier 2" (8 maps?)?

Can someone shed some light on this or point me to the location where i can find this intel?
I've been dwelling around this forum and others, have been googling; i just dont get my hands on the right information.

PS: I'm using version 0.6.0 of course.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 05:15:33 AM by decomp » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: