Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Map-Center Open Arena Map Pack released!  (Read 139277 times)
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 10:40:28 PM »

Projectile Vomiting looks pretty good with flares.

stjartmunnen
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 12:31:44 AM »

Np Blanky...It will be interesting to see what you guys do with em.     

wow...cool dmn_clown !
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 01:31:48 AM »

shine w/flares not as dramatic as Projectile Vomit, but still cool.

Blaenk
more like blank dumb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 09:07:59 AM »

Not trying to push you or anything dmn_clown but I'd really like to see them Sad I can't use them yet anyways I just want to see what they're like, but it's alright take your time. So are they finally GPL'd officially?
stjartmunnen
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 12:03:04 PM »

Projectile Vomiting and Shine (mc-oa-dm02 and dm04) have been GPL'd
Amphetamine
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Cyberpunk

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »

My .map file has been GPL'd. Not sure on what timeframe dmn_clown is working to with regard to changing the textures over to GPL compatable ones though.

I'm now thinking about making somthign that doesn't use textures so I can make somthing for you guys without any problems.

Top 5 tunes last week:
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »

Not too long you happened to choose evillair textures that are available in Nexuiz as did stjartmunnen so probably sometime early next week.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 10:29:28 AM »

I took revision 204 from SVN and I could see that shince and pvomit was included.

After playing those version I most way that flares looks nice on oa_pvomit.

But I think the flares are too much in oa_shine (I know its called 'shine' but still). I don't think they directly affect gameplay but I don't think they make the map look better either. Og course I can just continue playing the ones from the map pack.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
kaustic
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 10:53:23 PM »

As far as my map goes, the teleporter model belongs to Evil Lair as well as the Light textures, they came from Evil 8 texture set. As for the rest of the textures they are a mix from 3 or 4 different people .It would definitely just be easier to retexture the map. Although I would rather do it myself. If someone could point me in the direction of some textures(other than what is in oa at the moment)I would like to give them a look.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2007, 06:15:21 PM »

It's not a major issue with the constuction as such. I had to do some nasty hacks to stop the bots from taking a hot bath every 10 seconds and I feel kinda embarased letting people see the solution I had to resort to.

Not ripping on you here, but you could have accomplished the same thing by simply duplicating your lava brush and making it a "nodrop" brush.  The bots were jumping to their death because of the dropped items (That applies to all pits of death/voids/etc.).   Also, the clusterportal shader will only work correctly if there is one entrance/exit to an area that you are trying to divide into a portal.

Amphetamine
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Cyberpunk

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2007, 08:25:23 PM »

If you wander around my map with "/bot_testclusters 1" you will see that my cluster portals work as they are supposed to. Unfortunately you seem to have picked up some incorrect information regarding them. I sugest reading through Cardigan's tutorial on the subject: http://cardigan.planetquake.gamespy.com/tips_botopt.html

Didn't think that bots "went for" dropped weapons as much as they just randomly pick them up because they are in their path. I've often seen a freshly spawned bot run straight past a dropped RL on their way to another weapon and have never seen them go out of their way for a dropped weapon. I think it's more an issue of bot's gravitating downwards. After all, if you have a  vertical level without a tele or JP at the bottom, all your bots will be found sulking in the basment.

Top 5 tunes last week:
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2007, 11:41:24 PM »

You are mistaken, bots go after dropped items and that is why they are jumping into the lava in your level.  When you remove the dropped items, bots no longer jump into the lava.  The nodrop shader does this.

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 08:34:31 AM »

As far as my map goes, the teleporter model belongs to Evil Lair as well as the Light textures, they came from Evil 8 texture set. As for the rest of the textures they are a mix from 3 or 4 different people .It would definitely just be easier to retexture the map. Although I would rather do it myself. If someone could point me in the direction of some textures(other than what is in oa at the moment)I would like to give them a look.

Four choices:  Use nexuiz's textures, checkout our svn, checkout open frag's textures (Making damned sure that they _are_ licensed under the GPL first), or use the GPLed textures you can find here I wouldn't trust the Public Domain stuff at that link.

If you don't like those, make your own original textures, other than that we can't help.

kaustic
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 07:23:57 PM »

I hadent notice earlier(mostly because of where I opened the file) that in the texture pk3 that is in OA there are textures from Evil Lair. If his work is ok to use under the GPL then I would use his textures .

edit: After doing some reading in the forum and looking at Evil Lairs website,it seems I'm barking up the wrong tree. This is directly from Evil Lairs website - http://www.evillair.net/v2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=66.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:30:35 PM by kaustic » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 09:57:31 PM »

He granted them to be GPL'd when Nexuiz went GPL in early 2005, otherwise it would have been a license nightmare. OpenArena's use of his textures come from Nexuiz (which is GPLed), not from his site.

I thought I read somewhere OpenFrag's media isn't GPL. Hrm.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2007, 08:11:16 AM »

Their models are cc-by-2.5 (Non-GPL compatible), that texture pack has 0 licensing info, from what I can see other than the forum post.  So they are probably using a stupid license.

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 05:16:55 PM »

Strange House is committed.

Taiyo.uk
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »

Great maps and a big thanks for allowing them to be GPL'd, it's much appreciated!
MilesTeg
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 05:05:03 AM »

I'm sure they make a great addition to open arena!
thx a lot

"We are all connected"
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2007, 06:25:47 AM »

But I think the flares are too much in oa_shine (I know its called 'shine' but still). 
I can see that the flares looks much better now, so just forget what I said...

After playing the maps for some time now I shine is my favourite of the maps.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
stjartmunnen
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2007, 05:40:50 AM »

But I think the flares are too much in oa_shine (I know its called 'shine' but still). 
I can see that the flares looks much better now, so just forget what I said...

After playing the maps for some time now I shine is my favourite of the maps.

Cheesy.

Its rather simple but fun to play I think.
chtechitzu
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2007, 05:07:31 AM »

Hello.
I have added the maps to my server (home of chtechitzu).
Cannot wait for master server to be back so that we can frag a bit.
Smithamax
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2007, 07:58:48 PM »

i really should come on the OA forums more, i love the look of these maps and will be putting them up on the threemenwise mappack server
also i will include them in the upcoming second edition of the TMW mappack

of cource it would be event better if we can get the textures fixed up so they can be included in the next official build
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 08:03:14 PM by Smithamax » Logged

Coconut_Kapow
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2007, 12:54:39 AM »

I just wanted to thank you guys for GPL'ing those maps, it really adds some good variety to my skirmishes. Smiley Thanks and best of wishes to 'ya.

-Coconut
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2007, 06:33:29 PM »

Spirit released the mc-oa-dm05.map source under the GPLv2, it is in the svn waiting to be re-textured (I won't be able to get to it for awhile source/assets/maps/oa_bod.map if anyone else wants to have a go at it).

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: