Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob! Openarena server  (Read 10084 times)
Hnic
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: May 23, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »

Hello everyone

I am have trouble making a OA Server using i guess openarena-server. i look all over the forum and found some server setup but none of them say anything about OA just quake. does any one have any step by step server setup for OA? Thanks

Im using ubuntu 7.04
Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic..."

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:10:52 PM »

Basically server setup for OA is the same for Quake. Because OA is kind of the same thing as QuakeIII. Just totally replaced content. Ish.

You'd better ask someone else about this though, I'm not really the expert at set-ups for dedicated servers or anything.

Pronouns are evil!

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic... It sounds... like me!" ~~B.B. Hood

w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 09:02:16 AM »

You use the same proceedings as you would with quake 3. Here is a site with some good basic information that will make your belly tingle:
http://gameadmins.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=3

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Rage Kid 999
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 12:46:13 AM »

I have 2 versions to  play with nobody plays on that second version I have I also only use qiouk III version coz the plus version nobody is using but their are bether and more mods to play with like protect the leader but I don't now How I can help you with that
.Caboose.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 06:26:13 PM »

cool site wiz
echo404
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 06:58:35 AM »

If you still need help, check out my topic, I was trying to set up a server as well, I list a working .cfg file, and a shortcut that you has what you will need to set up a dedicated server.
Link is http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1116.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: