Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: High Quality Map-pack  (Read 130990 times)
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« on: August 01, 2007, 04:44:39 PM »

This collection of maps contains no less than 100 unique maps for your enjoyment. They are all compatible with Open Arena 0.7.0 or later and should provide for many hours of gaming, and then some. I can guarantee that all the CTF fans out there will find plenty of fun, and the same goes for dedicated hardcore 1on1 tourney fraggers or frantic DM fans.  I decided to make a mix of 1on1/DM/TDM/CTF maps and include only the best of the best, so here you have a map-pack divided into 5 separate parts for you to download. Each file is about ~90 mb up to ~130 mb and can be downloaded from the following addresses:

http://w1zrd.files-upload.com/410638/map_pack_01.zip.html 104.9 mb
http://w1zrd.files-upload.com/410709/map_pack_02.zip.html 127.1 mb
http://w1zrd.files-upload.com/410752/map_pack_03.zip.html 90.3 mb
http://w1zrd.files-upload.com/410793/map_pack_04.zip.html 94.2 mb
http://w1zrd.files-upload.com/410862/map_pack_05.zip.html 129.5 mb

[updated 2007-08-18: the individual links #01-#05 have for unknown reason been broken, even though the files are still uploaded on that account. Seed the torrent and keep this alive if you are intrested in using this map-pack.]

A .torrent file containing all 5 packages compressed to one .zip file can be found at the following address:
http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=1364 546.1 mb
Please help and seed!

If you would like to mirror these maps, feel free to do so. The more we are, the better it gets.

Below you have a preview of the all the maps included in this release:

0ups_beta2a

13vast

79drdm5_beta2

79drgc2

aedesert

af3hex

alkdm13

alkdm14

alpha3d

ame7q3tny1

apocalyptica

aqua

bal3dm3

bal3dm4

bal3dm5

bal3void1

bal3void2

bastir

batcula

blacktown

boxen

bubctf1

cf

charon3dm13

cmp1-dm5

cmp1-dm6

coloncancer

dantesca

darkmeat

deadmeat

distonic_small

dk_ib

dubneoc

el3dm1

estatica

gaeldm1

geo-core

geo2_ad5

gibtech

gon2

hal_palindrome

HandsOfGod

hibernia

hindustry

ik3dm2

jaxdm9

jaxtourney2

kellblack

klcurves

klzegypt

leafland

letgo_01

letgo_02

lsdm3_v1

meatpatty

mictourney1a

minima

monolith

moonstone

mythology

nook3dm2pro

opc1

platypus

plduel1

plutonians

pom

pukka3dm1

pukka3dm2

pukka3tourney2

q3arc1

quack lord fivede12

q3shw19

qbeast

qfraggel3

quimera

quintdm3

redmeat

reqkitchen

rjlctf2

rota3dm2

scorpion

scorpiontourney

shad3dm2

sokar3d

sokar3dm5

sparth

stralegeo1v2

summer

sy3dm1

tanq3a_dm1

TeamTemple_q3a

trajectory

ut_subway

whitemeat

winter

woa

wvwq3dm4

wvwq3dm7

yog3dm2

Here you can find higher-resolution screenshots of those seen above:
http://w1zrd.files-upload.com/410930/SCREEN.zip.html 19.8 mb

Thank's to Epsilon, who uploaded all the screenshots individually, there are now high-resolution screenshots per map-pack available at the following addresses:
pack#01: http://s2.supload.com/gal/0708032400/0/
pack#02: http://s2.supload.com/gal/0708032994/0/
pack#03: http://s2.supload.com/gal/0708036107/0/
pack#04: http://s2.supload.com/gal/0708034490/0/
pack#05: http://s2.supload.com/gal/070803177/0/

MAP-PACK #01
79drdm5_beta2 - 79DRDM5
79drgc2 - Concrete Salvation
aedesert - AEon's Desert
af3hex - The Stolatene Mine
alkdm13 - Butchered Creatures
alkdm14 -  Journey
ame7q3tny1 - Take To The Sky (Tornado)
apocalyptica - Apocalyptica
bal3dm3 - Disinformation
bal3dm4 - Scrap Metal ][
bal3dm5 - Junk Data
bal3void1 - Peaceful Holidays in Egypt
bal3void2 - Malfunct Nano-Constructor
bastir - La Bastille [CTF]
dk_ib - Icon Basilica
estatica - Estatica
kellblack - Black Belvedere [CTF]
scorpion - Scorpion
scorpiontourney - Scorpion (Tourney Remix)
TeamTemple_q3a - Egypt Team Temple [CTF]

MAP-PACK #02
boxen - Bouncing 'Tween Da Boxen
coloncancer - Coloncancer
dantesca - Dantesca Book One
darkmeat - Darkmeat
deadmeat - Deadmeat
distonic_small - Distonic
gon2 - Back to Navarone
klcurves - Kleskonian Curves
meatpatty - Meatpatty
moonstone - Moonstone [CTF]
opc1 - Pro-trick jumping
platypus - Platypus
plutonians - Flying Plutonians
pukka3dm2 - Fascinating Senselessness
qbeast - Qbeast
quintdm3 - The Wisdom Machine
redmeat - Redmeat
rjlctf2 - Concrete Void [CTF]
whitemeat - Whitemeat
woa - War Of Angels

MAP-PACK #03
alpha3d - Alphanoid 3D
charon3dm13 - 5Quid
cpm1-dm5 - Take To The Sky
cpm1-dm6 - DSI:4.7
el3dm1 - Evil Space
gaeldm1 - Ascension
geo-core - The Geo Core
hal_palindrome - Palindrome [CTF]
HandsOfGod - Hands Of God
ik3dm2 - Meatball Grinder
jaxtourney2 - The Tangled Webs We Weave
klzegypt - Tomb Of Necrobiosis
letgo_01 - Remake Of Spyglass 2 [CTF]
letgo_02 - Remake Of WTF-Q3-08 [CTF]
minima - Minima
monolith - Monolith
pom - Pyramid Of The Magician
qfraggel3ffa - Swiss Cheese Trickster
qfraggel3tdm - Swiss Cheese Trickster
sparth - Sparth
ut_subway - Subway [CTF]

MAP-PACK #04
batcula - Batcula
dubneoc - Neorganic Epiphany
geo2_ad5 - Don't shoot your eye out!
gibtech - GiBTecH
hindustry - Heavy Industries
lsdm3_v1 - Ethernal Blue
mictourney1a - Camo-retro
mythology - The Return Of The Mythology
plduel1 - A Man Called Sun
post - Post
pukka3dm1 - The Hot Place
quack lord fivede12 - Kill You by dAde
quimera - Quimera
rota3dm2 - KARIN
stralegeo1v2 - Janus
tanq3a_dm1 - Crescents
trajectory - Trajectory
wvwq3dm4 - Geometrica
wvwq3dm7 - Decidia
yog3dm2    - Reloaded

MAP-PACK #05
0ups_beta2a - Trickjumping Extreme
13vast - The Vast And Furious 13th RMX [CTF]
aqua - Aqua Arena
blacktown - Black Town
bubctf1 - The Vast and Furious [CTF]
cf - Citadel Fantasia
hibernia - Platform M26, Hibernia
jaxdm9 - Invalid Transmission
leafland - Leafland aka. Midnight Grotto [CTF]
nook3dm2pro - exit the proFa[tory
pukka3tourney2 - Evolution
q3arc1 - Lune-Base
q3shw19 - Time to die
reqkitchen - Nu Clear Lunch Time Time
shad3dm2 - Deep Freeze
sokar3d - Dimension Of The Doomed
sokar3dm5 - Ice Storm
summer - Sommergewitter
sy3dm1 - Far and Away
winter - Winternacht

Enjoy this 5-part magical gift straight from the land oZ!Read the map_pack.txt for info!Thank's to everyone involved in testing and helping out with this project! /W1ZrD
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 04:39:08 PM by w1zrd » Logged

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Kojiro_S
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

Har har har...

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 06:29:19 PM »

If these were added to a server then we'd never get bored =D!
Thanks a lot.
* Kojiro_S downloads

*ROOOAAAR*
<< ME >>
i claim to be leilol and i think every forum is a public and free speech venue

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 06:38:06 PM »

Wow W1zrd... you are the man..!!! I mean it.. thanks a lot.. Im sure I'll enjoy this maps

PD: obviously when the site be able to download the files**** cause I cant..

Dear users!

Our service temporarily limits the work due to technical problems. We will continue to maintain it in 1,5 months and we hope for your understanding. In this time we will improve Files-upload.com and we will present the more flawless and fast service to you. We hope for your understanding. Watch the news. Thanks that you worked with us, we are waiting for you on the updated site.

Hope frag you again.. lol.. Grin

<< ME >>
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:02:39 PM by davismael » Logged

"uh.. FREE SPEECH?? does it make any sense to you??
Deleting posts and locking topics is just the same as banning"
hyp3rfocus
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 06:51:38 PM »

wow. amazing work w1zrd. thanks.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 07:50:28 PM »

Dear users!
Our service temporarily limits the work due to technical problems. We will continue to maintain it in 1,5 months and we hope for your understanding. In this time we will improve Files-upload.com and we will present the more flawless and fast service to you. We hope for your understanding. Watch the news. Thanks that you worked with us, we are waiting for
I think that was just a temporary problem since it seemed like we had many people downloading at the same time. There are currently downloads running for other users, and they all seems to work. Try again, it should hopefully work Smiley

anyone
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

I may weep openly

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »

I've spotted a few of these on planetquake, I was thinking "damn, looks good, wish to play"... then I remembered that f******g File Planet stuff... Thanks a lot w1zrd !!

I'll wear my badge, a vinyl sticker with big block letters adherent to my chest, tells to all your friends: "I am a visitor here, I am not permanent"
(The postal service "district sleeps alone tonight")
Promoted Mapper of the Century by some CPMA mid/high experienced player (luvyoalot, man)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 10:40:41 PM »

Before I download all these, are all these in their original pk3s and have their original txt files?

Because I want to stock up for q3 playing, too

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 03:19:33 AM »

Before I download all these, are all these in their original pk3s and have their original txt files?
Because I want to stock up for q3 playing, too
All the .pk3s are originals and include the authors .txt file (and extra material) with exception for one file, the map Bouncin 'Tween Da Boxen, or boxen.pk3. This file has been edited by me as I removed the camper, badmnky and batman botfiles from it's source. The file contained corrupted bots data which seriously affected playing with bots (on any map). So yes, you should be able to stock up your Q3 library and have some fun with it Smiley

hyp3rfocus
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 03:37:17 AM »

how come all the download links are for map_pack_05.zip?

are they different files with the same name?
hyp3rfocus
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 03:40:15 AM »

they all seem to be 129.5mb despite what it says on the download pages. i think something has gone wrong.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 03:49:41 AM »

how come all the download links are for map_pack_05.zip?
are they different files with the same name?
I tried the 5 different links [update: and even started downloads for all 5] just now and in this end they work just as they should.
Just to clarify: you need to use the separate addresses, it doesn't work to simply increment the number with one since the entire link is unique/file.
Try clearing the cache on your machine, it could be some redundant information saved. Let's see if others have the same problem..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:52:35 AM by w1zrd » Logged

hyp3rfocus
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 04:09:43 AM »

Just to clarify: you need to use the separate addresses, it doesn't work to simply increment the number with one since the entire link is unique/file.
i opened each link you posted in a seperate tab and each tab described a different file, but when i clicked "download link" it came up with map_pack_05.zip no matter what tab i was in.

Try clearing the cache on your machine, it could be some redundant information saved.
that seems to have done the trick. not sure what's up with firefox. thanks for your help.
SnooSnoo
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 06:04:56 AM »

Sweet again W1z! My boss is gone and i'm alone @work B). Downloading and testing. I'll report to you in the afternoon. Sweetness, sweetness I say!
Neological
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 01:06:48 PM »

For those who are going to use the torrent to get the maps, please for the love of god, do not limit your upload speed to such low amounts. If you can, at least provide half upload speed while you download. This way the speed of the torrent stays consistant and people can get the file faster.
Epsilon
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »

Congrats W1ZrD,

I know first hand just how much blood, sweat and tears you have personally invested into this outstandingly wonderful map-pack.  Not to mention the countless hours and sleepless nights spent searching for, downloading, play-testing, contacting authors and obtaining all the needed information required to distribute each individual map as an impressively bundled collection.

You don't normally witness something on this scale everyday, that's for sure. Smiley

If anyone is wondering whether or not to download the map-packs, trust me, they are certain to, at the very least, bring you many hours of enjoyment.  I consider this to be well worth the effort expended to simply download and enjoy yourself.  Each pack is consistently comprised of the highest quality of maps, a genuine keeper in my opinion.

Thanks dude, this is truly pure sweetness, if ever I saw it. Cheesy
Coconut_Kapow
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 12:01:21 AM »

Wow man, didn't expect to find all these amazing maps in this thread. Smiley Thanks a bunch... I have really horrible internet, and I usually get my jollies off with just the bots, so I hope these are bot-compatible. Smiley Wooo, gonna start the download now. Thanks again!
Coconut_Kapow
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 09:42:08 PM »

I am in shock. I finally got the map pack downloaded last night and got a chance to try it out with some bots today.

In all honesty, I was expecting a bunch of lame maps due to the fact that it would be pretty difficult to put 50 maps together that were actually good... But my guess was completely wrong, these maps are all (from what I've seen so far) absolutely amazing. They all have unique qualities and the game experience for me has been enhanced tenfold.

Thanks so much for sharing this... Any chance of some of these maps getting GPL'd and bundled with OpenArena? Cheesy How cool would that be!

Anyway, I just notice one problem, maybe it's my computer... I noticed that when skirmishing with most all of the maps it will allocate a proper amount of bot slots (like it will automatically make "Bot" for 6 or 7 of the players) but it won't populate the slots with bot names, so I gotta manually pick bots for each one. Tongue

Is there an easy way to populate the list with bots, or even better, to automatically pick a set of my favorite bots? Smiley There's always a certain 3 or 4 bots that I like to play against and would be cool if I could automate it somehow.

Thanks again. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:44:48 PM by Coconut_Kapow » Logged
Leopold
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 02:26:14 AM »

I think his reason for this is that most if not all of these maps are Q3A maps. Inside each maps pk3
resides a scripts/mapname.arena where gametype, fraglimit and some other map-specific things
are defined. Among them are the bots that are supposed to be loaded by default.
These bots are called by their name which are different from the oa-bots names.
Most of these maps don't have a license that would allow modifying their .arena files i guess.

The best way out would be a list inside OpenArena that would map Q3A bots to their
OpenArena counterparts (This goes for skins too, look at the CPMA-thread to see why).
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 10:24:17 AM »

there's no way any of these can be gpled

1. non-Free textures
2. non-Free sound
3. non-Free skyboxes
4. non-Free license
5. non-Free compiler used to compile it (these are mostly doen from pre-gpl q3map/q3map2)

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Megagun
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 06:27:33 AM »

Anyone cares to open up a server with this mappack?
I'd love to play on a server where every time I'm playing, I'll be surprised by the maps.. Smiley
SnooSnoo
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 06:58:01 AM »

Anyone cares to open up a server with this mappack?
I'd love to play on a server where every time I'm playing, I'll be surprised by the maps.. Smiley

Dude! These maps ARE allready running on the *RAINBOW* servers!
Impulse
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 07:58:21 PM »

Quite an impressive set of maps. It's a shame that my ping is so high on the *rainbow* servers.
Coconut_Kapow
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 09:36:07 PM »

I think his reason for this is that most if not all of these maps are Q3A maps. Inside each maps pk3
resides a scripts/mapname.arena where gametype, fraglimit and some other map-specific things
are defined. Among them are the bots that are supposed to be loaded by default.
These bots are called by their name which are different from the oa-bots names.
Most of these maps don't have a license that would allow modifying their .arena files i guess.

The best way out would be a list inside OpenArena that would map Q3A bots to their
OpenArena counterparts (This goes for skins too, look at the CPMA-thread to see why).

Interesting, that would be why when I create a skirmish with these maps it seems the only bot listed is Sarge, the rest have "Bot" slots but no bot selected.

Would be cool if it randomly selected bots instead of using a list of pre-determined bots. Smiley !!!!
Is there a way for me to do that? Also, how do I "make a list inside OpenArena that would map Q3A bots to their OpenArena counterparts," like you wrote in your post?
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 10:26:35 PM »

Quite an impressive set of maps. It's a shame that my ping is so high on the *rainbow* servers.
The *rainbow* servers are based in Germany and Sweden, that gives most European player a ping about 50, but as for some german players, down to 6. Cross-Atlantic surfing from America to Europe takes longer routes, hence a higher ping. However, a ping of 120-130 is not what I would consider unreasonably high and render the maps unplayable. There are however other servers running the maps, one of them being The Old Farts Arena which located closer to you, it does however run the Excessive+ modification. There are other players who are experiencing high pings when playing on European servers but that is unfortunately the way things work...
If it gets unbearable there are some of the maps that works with bots on localhost, it's not the same thing as on-line play but it gives less lag Wink

Impulse
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 10:53:53 PM »

The *rainbow* servers are based in Germany and Sweden, that gives most European player a ping about 50, but as for some german players, down to 6. Cross-Atlantic surfing from America to Europe takes longer routes, hence a higher ping. However, a ping of 120-130 is not what I would consider unreasonably high and render the maps unplayable. There are however other servers running the maps, one of them being The Old Farts Arena which located closer to you, it does however run the Excessive+ modification. There are other players who are experiencing high pings when playing on European servers but that is unfortunately the way things work...
If it gets unbearable there are some of the maps that works with bots on localhost, it's not the same thing as on-line play but it gives less lag Wink

Don't get me wrong: *rainbow* is still very much playable with 130 ping, it's just that I can enjoy myself more playing older maps on servers where I'm guaranteed a ping that doesn't cause a noticeable lag. As you said, it's a shame that it's the way things work, but it's not the end of the world. Either way, I still can enjoy the other maps on servers that place me around 50 ping. I'll be sure to drop by *rainbow* once in a while, though--I'll be sure to bring Steger. ;p
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: