Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Headless players...??  (Read 10164 times)
Iron Package
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 04, 2007, 09:11:37 PM »

Hey all,

Just a little confused here.  I noticed at least one guy running around with no head.  My level of understanding of this game goes as far as moving and shooting, so I guess I was wondering how or why a player's character model would have no head.  Also, if the head is missing, is that less of an area to shoot (i.e., headshots don't register)?? 
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 09:48:38 PM »

Hey all,

Just a little confused here.  I noticed at least one guy running around with no head.  My level of understanding of this game goes as far as moving and shooting, so I guess I was wondering how or why a player's character model would have no head.  Also, if the head is missing, is that less of an area to shoot (i.e., headshots don't register)?? 
The head goes missing if someone types in the wrong variable for setting a head. It is quite popular to use one models body, and another models head for it. For instance the Merman body, and the Angelyss head is one of those combinations. And no, the bounding box (hit-area) is still the same even though you cannot see the head. In Open Arena is doesn't make a difference if you shoot someone in the foot, or in the head, the damage is still the same.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

WH173Ru5Tty
"OA is a crappy game, and should never have been made. "
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 12:29:36 PM »

It is quite popular to use one models body, and another models head for it.

I tried that, but I can't get it to work.  It works for me in other Q3E games. :/

<this sig was big and dumb>
hyp3rfocus
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:10:27 PM »

try sticking angelyss's head on a different model. that seems to work.
Iron Package
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 03:44:39 PM »

Cool, I was just a little confused.  Thanks for the info!
.Caboose.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »

go to the quake 3 area section of www.gamefaqs.com . you'll find out how to shrink ur head, BUt if OA is hitbox free you win the argument..................................
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »

Oh I'm surprised that nobody called it lame playing without head Cheesy

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 09:22:44 PM »

Oh I'm surprised that nobody called it lame playing without head Cheesy
Probably many who wonders how the model can see something Cheesy

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »

a players hitbox stays the same, so most of the time, even if you miss just by a bit you will still hit. the hitbox does not change at all, however having no head will make the person slightly harder to see... slightly....
i tried using arachna's head on someones body, and you can still see it, but its tiny. perhaps this is what that headless person had

sorta unrelated:i used arachna's head on sergeis body, using gauntlet only and my name was ^gauntlet^pure, beat quite a bit of ppl too Tongue (wish i could find my screenshots of the scoreboard at the end of the game) Sad

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: