Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ummmmmmmm how?  (Read 10288 times)
.Caboose.
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 07, 2007, 07:22:48 AM »

ok im not very tech savy. i was wondernig how and where i enter the stuff for irc.anynet.org in mIRC? i used it years and years ago, but i forgot how to add custom servers to it..... im a n00b i know, but oh well i HAD to ask.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 07:48:14 AM »

ok im not very tech savy. i was wondernig how and where i enter the stuff for irc.anynet.org in mIRC? i used it years and years ago, but i forgot how to add custom servers to it..... im a n00b i know, but oh well i HAD to ask.
I think that for mIRC on Windows you simply go to the preferences and then locate something like this . There you can add a new server by pressing 'Add' and a new box will pop-up, where you simply enter a name for the server i.e Anynet, and then irc.anynet.org as the address for it. You can then specify what channel you want to join by either typing /j [channelname] or add it as a command in the 'perform on startup' list.
Hope this helps somewhat, I am not a Windows user myself Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

.Caboose.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:01:31 AM »

gah i do that and it wont connect or even take it really maybe i should just give up
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 08:05:23 AM »

gah i do that and it wont connect or even take it really maybe i should just give up
You can't give up until you reach the white castle!! eh..anyway, make sure that you click 'ok' after you have entered the server address.
The easiest way, I guess, is actually to click on 'edit' and simply edit some old DAL, or EFNET server and change it to anynet.org.
Then you need to click 'connect to IRC' server after it's saved.
Also, if you are behind some firewall/router e.t.c then the default port for IRC is 6667 if I remember correctly.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »

You should be able to click this link http://oachat.opencontentgames.org/ (Requires sun's Java runtime browser plugin) or this link http://kick52.com/Dump/%23oa/ic.cgi and you will be in the room.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: