Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainbow 2on2 Cup - Tournament  (Read 13938 times)
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« on: September 21, 2007, 03:02:12 PM »

!UPDATED!

Finally the plans for much the discussed 2on2 team deathmatch tournament, the Rainbow 2on2 Cup, has been finalized and the registrations opened for the general public. The tournament will host a maximum number of 32 teams, with 2 players per team.
A grand total of 64 players is allowed and anyone who wishes, may participate in the tournament completely free of charge.

The base for the tournament is a ladder system with a group play without seeds. This will be divided in to several groups (depending on number of players) and players play for points where the team with most points after 5 maps from each group, move on to round two which is a knockout stage. During knockout stage a number of 3 maps will be played and best of 3 moves on..

Due to low player registration, the registration closing date has been pushed forward until the 5:th of October!

In addition to this the length of the entire tournament has been extended. The estimated length of the tournament is now 15 days, starting on October the 6:th and it will run until October the 20:th, with it's quarter, semi and finals on Sunday October 21:st.

For this entire event we will also provide several servers, in several countries, featuring high-speed downloads and stable configurations.

More information regarding rules, registration, settings, maps and current standings can be found at our website at:

http://rainbow.sytes.net

Hope to see you there, enjoy the fun we're about to have..

[edit: updated dates]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:46:07 PM by w1zrd » Logged

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

unarmedplayer
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:04:32 AM »

Im Looking for player to team with me :]

Pls. write personal message to me :]
.Caboose.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »

bet nobody would wanna partner me. ill prolly have a high ping anyways, but it'll be fun.
rashdawg
Half-Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »

Im not very good at FFA but I want to play.  Dont really know anyone in the Open Arena community to play with.  Oh shoot never mind I wont be available this weekend to play.

TheWorstOAPlayer aka RashDawg
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »

After having performed tests (on the currently live rainbow|LMS) we will include a Last Man Standing knockout in addition to the 2on2 tournament.
The Last Man Standing will be using Sago007's Elimination Modification Beta 12 which seems to work beautifully.

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 02:51:28 PM »

Is the gametype LMS on that server or does it change to include the other gametypes?  (need to test the Missionpack UI so gametypes are reported correctly).

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 06:54:44 PM »

Is the gametype LMS on that server or does it change to include the other gametypes?  (need to test the Missionpack UI so gametypes are reported correctly).
Now during this tournament it will run on g_gametype 10 only, but after that we are planning to leave the modification running and then toggle between the implemented gametypes on a per map basis.

[edit: here are some players that are looking for a teampartner for the tournament]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 06:57:07 PM by w1zrd » Logged

Beteigeuze
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 05:14:57 AM »

hi,

i experience a strange behaviour at your Rainbow server, each time i leave and go to just any other server, i have to reconfigure every single game setting, like move-shoot,even network connection settings. Does anyone notice the same ?

Im also looking for a team  mate on the 2on2 tourney. I am not very good, but i think i dont suck too hard.
PM me in case.

rgds,
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 08:38:56 PM »

hi,

i experience a strange behaviour at your Rainbow server, each time i leave and go to just any other server, i have to reconfigure every single game setting, like move-shoot,even network connection settings. Does anyone notice the same ?

Im also looking for a team  mate on the 2on2 tourney. I am not very good, but i think i dont suck too hard.
PM me in case.
rgds,
The settings change since if you play on the rainbow|df-cpm (new name) first and then go to K-play, it won't save any settings since they are two different gametypes. All your settings for defrag will be saved under /defrag, and for a 'standard' server it will be saved under /baseoa.

To make sure your settings will stay, then configure it the way you want it, then type /writeconfig defrag and it will generate a .cfg file named defrag.cfg. Then simply execute it with /exec defrag.cfg when you enter a defrag server.

There are players still looking for partners here or you could visit us on irc.freenode.net #rainbow if you want to discuss partnership with freely available people. Hope to see you there, last registration date is the 5:th of October.

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 09:03:14 AM »

3 hours left before we close registrations and there are still several players looking for a partner. I would like to wish our teams the best of luck for the tournament and also inform you all that the games, including the quarter, semi- and finals, will be viewable by everyone through GTV. To connect to GTV and watch the games in real-time, simply connect to: 87.230.26.228:27950 and then you will be placed in a waiting room awaiting active games. When a camera operator has activated the session, you simply type: /gtv_watch [number] where [number] is the server you want to connect to and view. This goes for all RAINBOW|2on2 servers.

With the live-tv system you can view a game being played on Cup server#01 while recording another one on Cup server#02. You can toggle between the servers to view the different games and to see how your favourite team is performing.

Any questions regarding this you will find us through http://rainbow.sytes.net or on IRC irc.freenode.net #rainbow.
Good luck and have fun..

[EDIT: Registrations are now officially closed an no more teams may enter. We have 28 players registered and we wish them all the best of luck]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:29:09 PM by w1zrd » Logged

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 01:15:19 PM »

nice!

i remember the gtv sessions from past quakecons great fun in there Cheesy

is there a schedule or something so we know when there's matches going on?
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 08:45:05 AM »

nice!

i remember the gtv sessions from past quakecons great fun in there Cheesy

is there a schedule or something so we know when there's matches going on?
The matches are arranged individually by the players themselves and they are usually announced on our IRC channel or posted in our forums. GTV is usually running 24/7 and is connected to the CUP#0 - CUP#4 servers visible in the list. More info on GTV and how to connect to it you can find here.

Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »

poo, i missed this Sad
you should host a 3v3 or 4v4 ctf tournament and advertise it, not just in the forums, but let ppl know on your server and such

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: