Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i play custom maps in the campaign  (Read 13538 times)
dresman
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: October 30, 2007, 08:47:47 AM »

Can i play custom maps somehow in the campaign since its kinda short anyways.:-/
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:01:30 AM »

not in the tiered single player game, but you can engage with bots in skirmishes on lots of maps and different playing modes
iLeft.bye

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:55:18 AM »

yeah skirmish is great
add 20 bots and go deathmatch in the smallest map
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 10:11:34 AM »

yeah skirmish is great
add 20 bots and go deathmatch in the smallest map
Can you make OA run with 20 bots and then press tab?

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 12:58:23 PM »

Yes

dresman
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 08:25:09 AM »

how dmn_clown?
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 10:40:42 AM »

Unless you have a physical infirmity or a strange phobia over the tab button, you simply press tab.

dresman
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 08:05:02 PM »

That didnt do anything....
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 10:17:12 AM »

Yes
Ah, I was more referring to the default com_hunkMeg settings, the default cg_forcemodel 0 and the game crashing with mem.allocation errors when tab is pressed. Could be other factors that causes crashes for us while testing though.

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 11:59:08 AM »

Could be other factors that causes crashes for us while testing though.

More than likely.  What are the specs of the machine you are seeing this on, what os, etc?

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »

Could be other factors that causes crashes for us while testing though.

More than likely.  What are the specs of the machine you are seeing this on, what os, etc?
iirc the first test was on a 1ghz athlon with 512 ram (only 56 allocated (default)) and some 64 mb nvidia (can't remember model) running Windows XP SP2 and another system was some 800mhz athlon with 128 radeon and also 56 ram allocated. Eventually it was additionally added as 24 zonemegs and 12 for sound, this was running either ubuntu or kubuntu at the time, but still crashed when pressing tab within the game after all bots was loaded.

Also some macbook G17 or something was tested, but couldn't say more specific about that one.

Maps were cf, post, hydronex and some others but hydronex is the one (standard) it simply was impossible to run on, the others worked from time to time. It was tested with Sago's beta 12 mod, and also default OA settings (no mods/changes).

Most likely it's down to the default comHunk megs not being able to load models for 20 bots (each allocates 2 mb iirc) and add the possible sound/zone megs, the map itself and then the equation fails. Deferplayers should also be default for testing purposes.

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 03:43:31 PM »

56 is the minimum, 64 is the default for com_hunkmegs for 0.7. (This has changed for 0.8 )
You can't change zonemegs http://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2571

I've tried it at the default memory settings with 26 angelyss bots highest video settings (should be using the most RAM) and it still doesn't crash.

Did it crash with higher com_hunkmegs?
Do you see the same behavior with the experimental binary and the missionpack? (it is not the same as the elimination mod, I've done a few things Sago hasn't)

What was the full error message? (This would be very helpful to make sure it doesn't happen in 0.8 )

[edit] stupid smilies...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 05:21:35 PM by dmn_clown » Logged

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 01:26:35 AM »

My bad, mixed the numbers, 64 is default, and 64 was what we used.
The behaviour we experienced then was when random bots was loaded and all settings default that the game crashed with the hunk.mem.allocation error but if my memory doesn't fail me, then I think this was with pre-compiled binaries for 0.7.0 with the .7.1 patch, at least for the linux system.

I'll give it a try again when time allows, then it would be with source compiled from scratch and a higher hunkMeg setting, I'll keep you posted on that..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: