Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Console background  (Read 11487 times)
Asas1n
Nub

Cakes 0

ewww Dont name me...

« on: November 21, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »

Is there a way to change console background, serioulsy i dont like that big OA logo, I searched in openarena wiki, and I find that the background image of the console is in a pak0 archive, but I searched there and I dont find that image :O, I continue searching and I found a quake 3 command page, there was a command called /blablabla (dont remember) that command allows to pur the background image path, but aparently the command is not in OpenArena, so is there a way to change it?

VALHERUS CLAN - VALHERUS CLAN - VALHERUS -

VALHERUS CLAN - VLAHERUS CLAN - VALHERUS -

http://valheurs.aowc.net
Orbital-S2D
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:03:06 AM »

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

it said that before i typed this Tongue

I know this is old but i did a search and i would like to know the name of the file and its location in the pack...

just trying to help stay on topic and not start a new thread Cheesy

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »

The background cannot be changed ( for now ) but the client for OA085 already comes with a console which can be configured in size, transparency and color since I've contributed myself to this ( http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3095.msg28529#msg28529 ) ; try playing a bit with those cvars :

- cl_consoleType : 2 for new console color/transparency behaviour , old console with every other value
- cl_consoleHeight -> its value can be between 0.1 and 1.0 ( 1.0 for full screen console )
- cl_consoleColorAlpha ( transparency ) "0 - 1.0"
- cl_consoleColorRed (red gradient) "0 - 1.0"
- cl_consoleColorGreen (green gradient) "0 - 1.0"
- cl_consoleColorBlue (blue gradient) "0 - 1.0"
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »

These commands are also reported here:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Command_console#Console_look_options

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Orbital-S2D
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 10:21:35 AM »

so how is that big OA logo printed on the screen when you open the console and its set to default
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 10:34:04 AM »

i'd guess it's the "gfx/misc/console01.tga" and "map gfx/misc/console02.tga" found in the shader "console" in gfx.shader. at least it looks like that in quake 3.

i was gonna look it up in openarena but the shader folder is such a mess that you'll have to do that yourself Tongue
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 10:38:58 AM »

[Note: I wrote this message before reading the one by pulchr]

Not sure, I noticed logo256.tga and logo512.tga in textures\sfx in baseoa\pak6-patch085.pk3.
They contain the new 0.8.5 logo (up to 0.8.1 it was different), but I'm not sure they are those really used there in the menu.

I believe modifying anything inside a .pk3 file is not advisable (not sure starting from what kind of changes, but I think you risk to not being able to connect to any pure server)...
I suppose you could try to create a new pk3 (.zip, renamed) file with higher pak number (like pak8-mytest.pk3), and place there your versions of textures\sfx\logo256.tga and textures\sfx\logo512.tga (with Targa images with the same size of the original). I'm not sure if it will work, and probably it will not work when connecting to any "pure server" different from your own.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 12:59:30 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Orbital-S2D
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:02:15 PM »

thanks pulch youre right. No im not gonna change it (yet) just wanted to find it Wink
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »

It's textures/sfx/logo256.tga because it's simpler, allows text to be more readable and it's not alphablended. Though in hindsight I could get away with better performance and a bit more texture memory (and help poor gfx chipset performance) saved if I had the logo as a 128x128 with a GE128 alphatest over a rgbGen const $whiteimage, or just a clamped out 128x128 OA logo on top of white. It might even be possible to have the console color controlled by a cvar, but that'd be another cvar in the way

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: