Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange bug in OpenArena  (Read 9136 times)
Math.
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 29, 2008, 09:59:50 AM »

Hello guys,

I've got a realy weird bug/problem these days with Open Arena.
When I'm playing OA suddenly my mouse freezes for a sec, and quickly after that my mouse goes twice as fast.
I've got a Logitech Mx518 mouse, and with the slowdown button I can bring it back to the normal speed again, but a few seconds later it happends again. It's realy frustrating...

I'm running Debian Lenny at the moment, but had this problem too a few weeks ago with Ubuntu Gutsy.
First I thought it had something to do with my internet connection, because sometime when I'm searching for any servers, and OA cant find anyone, my mouse freezes aswel(or maybe whole OA freezes, not sure).

I think I almost tried everything to find out where the problem lies...

The things I know/found out:

- Have this problem in Xfce, but also in fluxbox.
- Have this problem with Debian Lenny, but also in Ubuntu Gutsy.

- When I completly remove my q3config.cfg I still have this problem.

- In (standard)quake3 1.3x (prot 66~68) my mouse's already in double speed, even when I've this slowed down in my X. In Q3A I also cant slow down my mouse with the slowdown button.

- Also tried to change my mouse setting in xorg.conf to the right settings for my Mx518 mouse.
- Also tried with different internet connections(in case its just some lag that messes up my settings).

I realy dont know where the problem lies, anyone got this same problem...?

Open-Design.nl - Open your mind.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:18:03 AM »

i've got an mx518 as well and i had problems with sensitivity going up and down while playing oa. after a while i found out that i by mistake touched the two buttons above and below the scrollwheel. in my settings this changed the mouse into some kind of precision mode where the sensitivity changed. i had to deactivate this function in the settings as i couldn't play properly.

this was in windows xp, i'm not sure but i might have disabled them on my other computer as well (ubuntu w/ mx518).

but my system never froze like you describe it :/

Math.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:31:21 AM »

Hi pulchr, thanks for your reply.

I just installed IOQuake3 to see if I got this problem also with Quake3, and I got these same problems with IOQuake3 aswel...

So I tried normal Quake3(1.32) again to test for sure if it's only IOQuake3... and I just figured out I even got this in Quake3 now! Sad

This is realy weird, I got this problem in Ubuntu 7.10 a few weeks ago, but even after a clean new Debian install I have these same problems...

edit
I think there's maybe something wrong with my hardware. I'll test Quake3/OpenArena soon in Windows also. If i got these same problems again, then I'm almost sure something's wrong with my hardware... Sad
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:47:31 AM by Math. » Logged

kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »

Try using a different mouse.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 10:09:46 PM »

or try uninstalling xserver-xorg-input-evdev

If that fixes it, file a bug so Debian's X team know about it.

Math.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »

I think it's a hardware problem. Think my mouse is broken... Sad

edit:
Finnaly I think I know where to problem lies. It's (thank God) not my videocart, but it's my mouse the causes these problems. When I got this weird "mouse-lag", the red light below my mouse goes off and on again. So basically my mouse gets connected and unconnected the whole time... That makes my screen freezing, and reseting my mouse sensitivity. I also tested an other mouse, and I had no problems with it...

Sorry for posting this under the topicname "strange bug in OpenArena", it's just a hardware problem.

edit2:
It's my usb-port, not my mouse... :/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:46:33 AM by Math. » Logged

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »

About the freeze with the ingame browser,
It's whole OA which freezes when the master server can't be reached. Also happens when my internet connection is down.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: