Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server Problems  (Read 7542 times)
RedFoxFive
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 17, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »

I have a Mac, and I've been trying to create a server for a while now. Using the "create" button on the multiplayer menu makes one, but it is not visible to anyone else. I also tried using the Terminal commands, but they haven't worked either. Is there any way to either allow someone to join my server without making it visible on the menu or make a dedicated one?
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »

The "Create" button is only for quick LAN games.

If you want it to be available on the internet check out the wiki: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Server_Setup
RedFoxFive
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 04:57:29 PM »

These instructions don't seem to work (but thanks for the help). The commands require an OpenArena.app, which does not exist. ioquake3 is the only application in the OpenArena folder. Also, my folder is on the Desktop, not in the applications folder. If I try to follow these commands with ioquake3 instead of OpenArena.app, I just get an error message, though the command seems to have worked. Is there another way?
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 04:58:30 AM »

Are you sure "ioquake3" is the only executable file in your OA folder ?
Isn't there a "ioq3ded" file ?
I have no idea of which files are present for Mac, maybe you could make a snapshot of your screen so that we guess if you're in the right directory and have a correct installation of OA.

Todo: Walk the cat.
RedFoxFive
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 01:00:06 PM »

There are two ioq3ded files, one appended with .i386 and one with .x86_64. However, on a Mac, these don't seem to be executable. I know they probably have some function, but I'm a n00b and have no idea what they're actually supposed to do. Also, I'm using a PowerBook G4 running OSX 10.3.9, if that helps.

I have a screenshot of the folder, but I don't really have a way to upload it. I just downloaded the newest version three days ago, and the directory is at /Users/admin/Desktop/OpenArena.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:21:02 AM »

ioq3ded, guess it's use ... we're talking about dedicated servers.
But you're right, these files with i386 and x64 may not run if they don't suit your machine architecture,... just try to run and see, and read more carefully the server setup page in OA wiki.
To upload an image : http://imageshack.us/

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: