Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Open Arena on Mac  (Read 10756 times)
Absinthe
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 27, 2008, 08:55:30 AM »

Hy guys,

I've been playin OpenArena for 2-3 months and...i've never solved a real "problem"...
The problem is that i'm not able to open the OpenArena console since i've a Mac..

Everyone suggests me to type tilde...but i've no tilde in my keyboard...so what i have to do?

P.S. There is no file .config in my BaseOA folder...i've just the .pk3 files

Thank you!

P.P.S Sorry for my English but i'm italian Smiley
Absinthe
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:47:53 AM »

Done, sorry Cheesy
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »

q3config.cfg

Assuming the MAC works similar to Linux, the q3config.cfg will be in .openarena, a directory that stores all the mods & new maps downloaded when joining servers.

Press the key just below Esc, Depends on the keyboard whether it's "~" for example on my UK keyboard it is: "¬".

Hope this helps. Smiley
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »

For me it's doing SHIFT+Esc on Mac.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 05:57:52 PM »

For me it's doing SHIFT+Esc on Mac.
lol! never noticed that before! :-)

q3config.cfg

Assuming the MAC works similar to Linux, the q3config.cfg will be in .openarena, a directory that stores all the mods & new maps downloaded when joining servers.

yes, that's the way i always used since now: editing the q3config.cfg to rebind "toggleconsole".
the user's baseoa folder on mac is in ~/Library/Application Support/OpenArena, not in ~/.openarena, since ioq3 (and consequently oa) follows Apple's guidelines about support files.
suntreader
Nub

Cakes 0

Let's get juicy.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:21:18 PM »

Has anyone else had problems adding .pk3 files after downloading them from the Internet?

"Independence is not a toy for children to play with, but the privilege of a fully matured mind." --Thomas Jefferson
Sraer
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 11:02:06 AM »

I downloaded the new version, but the same thing happens- it shows in the dock for one second, then fades away like quitting.
Do I have to edit a certain file with some mumbo jumbo I've never heard of?
Also, for 0.7.6, I downloaded the mac engine and after that it just worked, what about for 0.7.7, I don't see one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: