Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Version of Powerball Released  (Read 6018 times)
riotmod
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: August 22, 2008, 09:19:43 PM »

I read all (three) replies to my older post, and took what they had to say in consideration.  And so I give to you...Powerball 0.31!

http://linuxthugs.com/powerball

The new version scales back some of the "gravity" effects of the Gravity Mines, and replaces one of the varieties of GM Launcher with an all new weapon!  Also, the code and graphics are now licensed under the GPL v2.

Tell me what you think!
Timedude
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 05:11:01 AM »

I keep forgetting to post about this! Anyway, I like the mod. Its allot of fun, adds a whole new dimension of gameplay. Its pretty simplistic as mods go, too. I only have 2 complaints, na comments. 1. The nanostreams still look like lightning, instead of the red and yellow streams shown in the screenshots on your website. It might be cuase I'm running 7.7, or maybe cause I'm on a Mac? Dunno, just thought you'ld wanna know. 2. I think that the tactical mini nuke needs to be a bit more powerful than your standard rocket. It's a freaking mini nuke, for crying out loud! It should be more... Nukey.

-Timedude
Czestmyr
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Member, Player, Mapper

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 05:29:44 AM »

Hey, this mod is cool!

There should be some maps designed only for powerball, though, because the new weapons change the strategy a lot - for example the modified plasma gun doesn't seem so powerful as its predecessor to me.

Jabber ID: Czestmyr (rolled-herring-sign) jabber.cz
riotmod
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 12:12:19 AM »

I'm glad you people like the mod!

Timedude:
The nanostreams still look like lightning, instead of the red and yellow streams shown in the screenshots on your website. It might be cuase I'm running 7.7, or maybe cause I'm on a Mac?

It's because you're running 0.7.7.  Run it with 0.8.0 to see the new Nanostream beam.

I think that the tactical mini nuke needs to be a bit more powerful than your standard rocket. It's a freaking mini nuke, for crying out loud! It should be more... Nukey.

I'm working on an all new TacNuke for the next version.  I think you'll probably be happy with it :-)

Czestmyr:
There should be some maps designed only for powerball, though, because the new weapons change the strategy a lot

I couldn't agree with you more.  I don't know how to map, though.  Know anybody who might be interested?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: