Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bot support and pk3 questions  (Read 5225 times)
Gl!tch
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 09, 2008, 10:54:26 AM »

Hey, me again with more questions (sorry!).

Just a couple of things, my maps nearing completion now.

1 - How do i add bot support to my map (its a ctf map if that matters)?

2 - How do i make the map into a pk3? I understand a pk3 is just a renamed zip, but is there a certain file structure i need to follow?
I have 4 files in my maps folder with the name of the map: a BSP, BAK, SRF and one that my computer seems to think is a reaktor sample map even though iit obviously has nothing to do with reaktor. I've used some textures from the evil pack (which might be a nexiuz pack im not actually sure). Nexiuz is open source so im pretty sure im not infringing any rules, but do i also need to add said textures to the pk3 and if so, how?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but i would greatly apprieciate it if you would take the time to respond and explain this to me (as if speaking to a complete beginner if possible).

Thanks in advance
 Gl!tch
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 11:57:49 AM »

1. You need to compile an aas file with a program called bspc.

2. Download a pk3 file http://brie.ostenfeld.dk/~poul19/public_files/RedishF.pk3 open it with a zip program and look how it is structured.
bsp and aas files must go in the "maps" folder and then you can launch the map with the /map command. In "scripts" there is a arena file that makes the map appear in the menu.

With the information above you should have enough information to search for the answer on this forum or Google (this forum often delivers better results for these questions).

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: