Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.81 Criticisms :)  (Read 5173 times)
Super Retardo
Nub

Cakes 0

Not the brightest bulb on the strand...

« on: November 11, 2008, 01:30:34 AM »

Okay, first off, just wanted everybody to know I do like the game, so if you think I'm just bitching to bitch, go sit on it....

THAT SAID! :-p

1.  What the hell did ya'll do to the lightning gun? It went from easy, straightforward and clean, to completely numb, lagging behind by a couple of seconds, and feeling like its just flapping around in the wind..

YOU GAVE THE LIGHTNING GUN WHISKEY DICK!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

2.  The gauntlet doesn't register the hits the way it used to in 0.80 and before...it's a fraction of a second late it feels like...which is really horrible in a crazy ass melee of 10+ people on the strange house...

ITS LIKE TRYING TO CUT THROUGH YOUR FRIEND"S MOTHER"S SHITTY ASS COOKING WITH PLASTIC SILVERWARE!

3.  Why do you put really cute, almost naked women in the game...then censor the announcer?  Who knows, maybe its just me...but to be politically incorrect...its RETARDED...DEEEE DUH DEEEEEEEE

That is all...

THINGS I LIKE:
1.  HITSOUNDS I CAN HEAR!!!!!! HOORRRRRAAAAYYYY
2.  Mouse Speed/Aiming--Both 0.81 and 0.81(deprecated/0.71 input)
3.  Came in 0.80...but...real dedicated server program...woot woot!!!!

Good progress...just a couple of the weapons...if i wanted to play with a limp noodle like the lightning gun...well...I could probably make it happen in real life and not just a video game..

Keep it up OA team...looking good

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 05:16:36 AM »

1. cg_trueLightning, or that unlagged hitscan cvar

2. Raise your data rate, if that doesn't work, get a connection worth playing on

3. That's a 0.7.x criticism. Also she's not naked. You can not see her nipples or labia, her 'nudity' is well suited for a PG-13-type level even with enormous bouncy body proportions. The 'uncut pack' restores both announcer and that.
It should be noted that audio can travel across many rooms. You could have children in another room watching TV and have a "HOLY SH@*#$!@$" blast. That would be bad. You can't exactly do that with visual skimpiness though. Still, it's bad enough I have embarrassed HanClinto because of his lan parties with many children once playing OpenArena 0.6.0 and never playing a later version due to the whole angelyss/arachna thing (and oddly, arachna is the bigger offender). Infact that's one of the reasons why i'm designing OA486 - graphic content would also be at an all-time low there. At the same time I want to do adult games, as well as games everyone can enjoy, but at the same time I kinda find that difficult to balance out.  Something is always bound to offend someone (such as the very concept of virtual killing and virtual aggression!!! EVIL!!! REPENT!)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:27:32 AM by leilol » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: