Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to upload my own texture to GtkRadiant?  (Read 10106 times)
WilgoX
Nub

Cakes 0

FM|WilgoX

« on: November 23, 2008, 01:54:23 AM »

Hi. I want to create map, but i dont know how to upload my own texture from image to GtkRadiant 1.5.0. Have everyone ideas?

Thanks.

FM|WilgoX
Speaker
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 02:29:21 AM »

Hi,

You should set up a directory tree within 'baseq3'. It should look like this:

baseq3
|
|--- textures
          |
          |--- [folder for your texture images]

Then copy your textures (must be TGA or JPG) into the new folder. Now when you start GtkRadiant and open the texture window (press 'T'), the folder name should appear in the list of directories on the left and you can select it (double click). After this your textures should be present  in the texture browser.
onykage
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 02:35:02 AM »

yeah.

first create your texture.
next you need to add it to the textures folder in the baseq3 folder radiant creates. (you will have to create it probably).  something like /textures/mytexture.
you need to add it to the shaders.txt file.  Just add /textures/mytexture or somthing to that example.  You can use the examples that are in the file already.
then open radiant.  If you dont see the folder "mytexture" in the list, then under tools click flush & reload.  And look for it again. 
Find your folder and open it, and inside are your textures.

Speaker
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 01:17:20 AM »

@onykage:

Thanks for the additional info. However, the shader list file is actually called 'shaderlist.txt' (in 'baseq3/scripts'), and you need it only if any of your textures uses a custom shader. In that case you must have that shader script in the 'scripts' subdirectory as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: