Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New map - DeathArena_v1  (Read 8879 times)
WilgoX
Nub

Cakes 0

FM|WilgoX

« on: November 24, 2008, 03:39:33 AM »

Hello.

I can present OA world my first map, i call it DeathArena. Try it and you understand why it Death arena Wink

INSTALLATION:

Unpack archive "Death-Arena_v1" to your baseoa directory.
So folder maps, levelshots and scripts must be as /openarena/baseoa/maps/deatharena.bsp etc.

Launch:

Open your OpenArena, Single Player -> Skirnish -> Capture The Flag -> DEATHARENA -> Fight!

or, for example Multiplayer -> Create -> Capture The Flag -> Deatharena -> Fight

ATTENTION! If you type from console /map deatharena its will be NOT CTF game.

PROBLEMS:

If you cant launch map and see COULDN'T LOAD DEATHARENA.BSP or other, when you open OpenArena type in console: /sv_pure 0

Good luck.

FM|WilgoX
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 08:12:10 AM »

Just rename it to .pk3 and drop it into your baseoa folder. That's way easier to accomplish. Wink

Where are you heading with V2 of this map? Everybody who loves box-themed maps will enjoy this.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
WilgoX
Nub

Cakes 0

FM|WilgoX

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »

lol.

Its my first work ^_^

I am work now with classic map in city-theme not very large, not very small - normal. Like OASAGOF2 Smiley

FM|WilgoX
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »

I had to say that there's not many city (urban) textures bundled with OA. You should have to create your own. Tongue
I was working in a city (urban) themed texture pack, but my textures are very crappy. U_U
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 09:07:01 AM by Armageddon_Man » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
WilgoX
Nub

Cakes 0

FM|WilgoX

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 09:05:10 AM »

Yeah, good idea. But some textures i take from PILLCITY map, and some make myself Smiley

FM|WilgoX
onykage
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 02:59:21 PM »

post up a list of the textures you need and i'll see if I have any that will work.  I can possibly make a few this evening while building some detail brushes for a-man.
Dayz
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 07:08:23 AM »

If you want a boring crappy brick or tile texture download my mappack... I need to get somewhere else to host it though. I want to release but I lost the code 5 reformats ago
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: