Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VOIP?  (Read 42132 times)
Marble of Doom
Bigger member

Cakes 4

Caketastic

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »

Unfortunately mumble doesn't run on my g3 iBook and always crashes on my g4 iMac.  My iBook just has an outdated processor but I don't know why my iMac is having problems.

Al
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 06:07:28 AM »

Awesome idea, hope you get it to work - If to all is working, is it teamspeak? I wonder if you could get it to make channels for people to join for teams. Anyway good luck - cant wait to see the source Cheesy
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 11:30:57 AM »

By default it was looking for libopenal.so.0 but I modified it, still no luck. I searched on my disk but found no libopenal, so I presume this must be a file available only on Linux systems. Is there a workaround ?
I don't know but "+set s_alDriver openal.dll" would be a guess.

To answer myself: yes now it works on Windows, after installing OpenAl with the windows installer and launching the game with "+set s_alDriver OpenAL32.dll" at commandline. Thank's a lot Sago.

Now a question I wonder: is openal still necessary when using the Mumble hooks?

/EDIT: updated the wiki to specify that step for Windows users (although linux users could also have to proceed to this same manipulation in some rare cases, but for Windows it's mandatory since OpenAL is not installed by default nor by OA).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:49:08 PM by GrosBedo » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »

What? I never had to do that command line tweak (IIRC)... Very strange. We have to investigate more about this... but now it's time for sleeping.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »

Wow, spambots sure like this topic. Had to remove them. VOIP's a word like SEO to them.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 06:09:43 AM »

What? I never had to do that command line tweak (IIRC)... Very strange. We have to investigate more about this... but now it's time for sleeping.

Really? And you're using Windows?

I couldn't make VOIP work for years, so I'm very happy that this finally works! But I had to do these changes, it was not working on any of my Windows machines by default or by any other mean (but it's logical, loading the audio driver is the main piece of the puzzle).
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 07:47:05 AM »

Can you tell me what's the error you find in console if you do not speciffy that command line parameter? Are you sure that variable cannot be specified from inside the game?

Ps: of couse, one have to download and install OpenAl on Windows.
PPS: I don't know if I ever heard someone talking while playing OpenArena. I rarely have the time to really play online, and with speakers on.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 07:16:14 AM »

GrosBedo, I have s_alDriver set to "OpenAL32.dll" by default. What does it to you if you don't specify it? What does it say as default value?

I just tried Opening OpenArena (0.8.alien with version 28 executables) with a CLEAN configuration file: s_alDriver is set to OpenAL32.dll, and OpenAL seems to work (I don't notice errors about it in console).
It seems to work the same also with 0.8.5 with its stock exectable, with a clean configuration file.

Now I'm trying to uninstall OpenAL, to see what happens to that s_aldriver variable if you don't have it installed.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 07:33:50 AM »

I've uninstalled OpenAL, rebooted the PC, then launched OA with a clean configuration file. s_aldriver is still openAL32.dll.
The console shows that it cannot find that file and so uses SDL instead.

And s_aldriver is not a read-only variable, it seems there is no need to change it using OS command line, but can be done from within the game (just need to close and open the game again).

So, I don't understand your problems with OpenAL... maybe you erroneously set that variable once and then it remained wrong?

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »

@Gig: thank you very much for your tests, indeed the default is OpenAL32.dll. Dunno why it is set to libopenal.so, I think it should be somewhere in my config. So case is solved! Cheesy

And indeed it's not readonly but then sound must be restarted with /snd_restart after the change of value.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 06:10:53 PM »

Maybe you imported a linux config to windows?

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 06:37:16 PM »

Maybe you imported a linux config to windows?

No, I remember setting explicitly this variable because it didn't work before. But then I don't know why it didn't work before, maybe VoIP implementation wasn't complete at this time?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: