Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with map - Undesired darkness  (Read 6097 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: December 06, 2008, 08:20:50 PM »

Well, I'm making a CTF conversion of q3dm6ish. I have an issue with lighting at the bases. Specifically in the blue base, where ammo spot receives lighting, but the rest of that part isn't. The strange thing is that the red base IS actually enlightened up. I attach map file and screenshots. I also include a shader file needed for this map, since it has new lights, some of them used in this map.

That problem happens here...

But not here...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:02:59 PM »

Looks like the shader's fault, I don't know anything about shaders but the map has no difference in both of the shown rooms. Looking at the screenshots, the blue lights look like they emit less light than the red ones.

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 03:57:14 AM »

create a simple room and insert your wanted shaders - see if they all act as they should.
try moving around the shaders and look for duplicate faces that use the same shader.
try replacing the blue with red just to see if the glow is as strong there.

the shader had the same properties as far as i could see - the only thing that was different was the surfaceparm that had metalsteps on one and nomark on the other.

keep up the good work! don't make the steps too narrow Smiley
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 04:42:52 AM »

It seems to work, maybe hinting was the problem. Why, I don't know. I'll rezone the map.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: