Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manic Depression (DM/TDM)  (Read 10435 times)
stjartmunnen2
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: April 05, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »

Hello gang Smiley!

I was unable to log in to my old account ("stjartmunnen") so I made this new one. You guys might not remember me but I was one of the Map-Center mappers who contributed with the Map-Center Open Arena Map Pack awile back.
I recently released a map and I'm now going to release it under GPL.
I was wondering (IF you like the map) who should i contact to send the content and GPL release notes to?

For info check this thread over at Levelmakers.com.

Thanks for you time.

/SM

Edit: If you wanna check the map out but are too lazy to download it you can watch this clip @ You Tube Smiley
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:36:20 AM by stjartmunnen2 » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:42:27 PM »

You created oa_shouse, right? Smiley

We all here upload our own maps with the .map file, with source files for custom textures (psd/xcf) and models (blend) and the GPLv2 license TXT file. I guess that's all you need. Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »

that was Amphetamine (who also arranged the map center pack as far as I can remember, it is about two years ago now)

stjatmunnen created shine and Projectile Vomit.

I can remember the map center pack and I also remember that I called Shine a brilliant map.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

Just played it and already at the bot select screen was I positively surprised. The map is larger than most other maps and considered how crowded most ffa servers are (unless they are empty).

stjartmunnen2
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »

that was Amphetamine (who also arranged the map center pack as far as I can remember, it is about two years ago now)

stjatmunnen created shine and Projectile Vomit.

I can remember the map center pack and I also remember that I called Shine a brilliant map.

You are right Sago007, those were mine.

"Brilliant!" Wow, thanks Smiley .

Hmmm ok...abit too large you say. Originally the map was optimized for 4vs4 and 6 to 10 FFA.  I dont play OA that much online but maybe I should re-do the map and scale it down some.
(Note to self) When less busy, go through Manic Depression and scale that sucker down Smiley .

Thanks for your input Sago007.
More feedback will be greatly appreciated
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 05:23:45 AM »

Hmmm ok...abit too large you say.
NO!

That is deffenetly not what I said (or maybe I mistakely said it but in that case it is not what I meant). I like the map because it is large, OA needs a large map! If you play 4vs4 on one of the current maps you will never get a flow going.

I have been at netparties where I really could use a map that could hold more than 6 players.

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 06:38:23 AM »

i have too much to do today so i won't have the time to test the map now - but we need maps that are large, so don't do anything radical about the size. looking at the screenshots from the post over at levelmakers i began to wonder about the textures - what does the map look like in openarena? are the textures included? i'd like to use some of them in my map if they are Smiley

looking good - will playtest tomorrow!
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 07:50:02 AM »

My mistake then ^_^ยบ

Pvomit and Shine are great maps, specially Shine, which is one of my fav maps of OA.

And I agree with sago and pulchr, OA needs big maps.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: