Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few issues...  (Read 13114 times)
baconfish
« on: December 26, 2006, 02:50:34 PM »

The first one is *nix related. Is there any way to get the Q3 window to... I don't know, "behave" like the rest of my windows? It's just a little bit annoying not being able to Alt+TAB out of the game for a second, or play around with the volume or change a song playing in the background using my multimedia keyboard. It's also a real bitch when I get a message in Gaim and my game is interrupted. I know these aren't problems with OpenArena specifically, I've had these issues with the Linux versions of all Q3 engine games I've played. It'd just be nice if there were a way to remedy it.

Other than that, I seem to have a problem with the video suddenly. I just got a 19" LCD for Christmas (yay!) and I've noticed that things seem shifted over somehow. I'm not missing anything important, but it looks like the menu isn't centered. I don't remember it being like that when I was playing on my CRT. Oh well, this one really doesn't matter to me very much.

Lastly, is it just me or have other people noticed that when playing against the bot "Major", the model will fall down while you're fighting? It's pretty annoying for me, actually. :S

Well, I guess that's all for onw. Great work so far!
tisnix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 04:00:42 PM »

in xp you can easily switch programs by opening the console
don't know how it works for linux
jdodson
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 07:59:35 PM »

in xp you can easily switch programs by opening the console
don't know how it works for linux

same.
baconfish
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 11:46:57 AM »

Only works in windowed mode, I notice. Any other options?
bobobo
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:59:12 AM »

Well, a solution is to run the game in a separate X session.
For exemple from the console (ctrl-alt-f1-6), this should start a 2nd X session running openarena :
xinit <path_to_the_openarena_binary> -- :1

then you can just switch between your 2 x sessions with ctrl+alt+f7/f8
aedonis
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 06:28:58 AM »

i've figured out that with console on and that's usable solution,

but i've got kinda other problem. when any event occurs in kde, openarena and the whole system just freeze and i can't do anything, even change the screen and kill some procces. by event i mean psi pop-up window for example -  isn't there any possibility how give kde window manager control over this window?
aedonis
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 06:59:48 AM »

i've figured out that with console on and that's usable solution,

but i've got kinda other problem. when any event occurs in kde, openarena and the whole system just freeze and i can't do anything, even change the screen and kill some procces. by event i mean psi pop-up window for example -  isn't there any possibility how give kde window manager control over this window?

the freezing problem won't be a bug in open arena 'cause some other openGL apps like Wow under wine freeze and my friend has same problems even with other apps... it's probably a problem of my graphics drivers - using i915.
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 08:23:36 AM »

I'd suggest you get a proper graphics card. Like an Nvidia, I wouldnt suggest ATi especially if your using Linux & mainly OpenGL programs.

You can pick up a Geforce 5 for
ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 09:17:55 AM »

I'd suggest you get a proper graphics card. Like an Nvidia, I wouldnt suggest ATi especially if your using Linux & mainly OpenGL programs.

You can pick up a Geforce 5 for
.. about one soul :p
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 12:26:37 PM »

STAY AWAY FROM THE GEFORCE FX LINE AND GEFORCE4 MX NO EXCEPTIONS

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 05:18:56 PM »

Until ATi/AMD gets their head out of their ass and writes a driver that actually utilizes the power of their chipsets, you should be using nVidia cards which have drivers that perform the same across all systems (If possible).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: