Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The official 2009 site design thread  (Read 12213 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: April 15, 2009, 01:49:15 AM »

http://openarena.ws/newsiteproto/protoindex.html

This sort of harkens back to the 0.6/0.7 site days with a middle bar, but what do you think? Please note it is not functional Smiley

It's not CSS'd or any standardized yet. It's just a design idea prototype.

OH BTW i'm not throwing away the 'new face of sight' project, i'm just fiddling around for something more straightforward, and less political.

You might notice a new "create" link and wonder what that's about. That would end up as a web page with some HOWTOs for creating maps and models (players, mapobjects, weapons) with tools and such.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:58:58 AM by leilol » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:54:42 AM »

Lets have an uppercase headline. "openarena" doesnt fit.
I didnt know there is a 'drow' skin for Sergei...

The green navigation bar font with underlining is terrible.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
vindimy
Bigger member

Cakes 15

lolwut?

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »

You might notice a new "create" link and wonder what that's about. That would end up as a web page with some HOWTOs for creating maps and models (players, mapobjects, weapons) with tools and such.

Maybe it would be more straightforward if it was a "Contribute" link... Also, if the HOWTOs are hosted on the main openarena site, why not move all the wiki content and integrate it together? FYI, hosting a wiki is extremely easy... Dokuwiki, for example, requires no setup, no database, and is a very functional choice...

I'm glad that there's work being done on this (and let me know if I can help - I'm good with HTML/CSS/JS stuff). It's an improvement from current site Wink
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:08:20 AM by vindimy » Logged

Case

Cakes -3

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »

Good stuff! Works for me but I always associated Kyonshi to OA's mascot instead of Sergie
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 07:19:15 AM »

Maybe it would be more straightforward if it was a "Contribute" link...
nah, the contribution stuff would have to be in the devel page.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »

Your prototype looks good. I like the clean look and move away from black and gray.

The sergei logo image is cute.
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 09:21:06 AM »

Your prototype looks good. I like the clean look and move away from black and gray.

The sergei logo image is cute.
The image is big, and it doesn't really show anything exciting about the game. It's just a big logo.. with a guy in it... o_O It looks more like he's trapped there, by the logo, waiting to be fragged. That's no fun.

A user visiting the site might ask himself: is there anyone working on this project.. does this project have any future? I think it's a good idea to specify in the About page who is in the OA team, and past contributors. At least it will show that you take this project seriously.. Oh, and if anybody is going to steal your work, they should know who will sue them. (joking)

It would be nice if the header shows "Latest version: 0.8.1", linked to the download page. BTW, why "files" and not "download"?

"media" is also an awkward name.. usually on the web such a page would be called "gallery".

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: