Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheater or Pro ?  (Read 24232 times)
kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »

RMF, it was a joke. I'm sorry if you don't find it funny. I do!
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »

He was making fun of the people who assume that anyone who is any good at the game is automatically a cheater.

That's why he linked to a list of "cheaters", which is basically a list of who-is-who in OA. Obviously most of those people are not cheaters.

I don't throw around the word cheater a lot and have played good people like lukenukem, cortex, lock3 and others. Could it be that maybe just maybe someone who is average also cheats. Also I don't see even in pro matchs with known pros like fatality stafing with the rail gun and that is becuase it is meant as a sniping weapon and not mean to be used up close like he was using.
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »

Actually, I was referring to a general trend, not your post in particular, relax. Perhaps the guy you played was a cheater, I don't know. But some people really think that everyone is a cheater.

I strafe with the railgun a lot, and aim in mid-air. I also like flick-railing, as I use high sensitivity. Sometimes I hit hail-mary shots, sometimes I don't. And if I'm duelling somebody who is not very good, I don't usually hog the powerups and camp and snipe, but do stupid things like flick rails. So maybe the guy was a cheater, but maybe he wasn't. What he did was not necessarily unusual. Fatal1ty doesn't strafe around with the railgun because you've watched him duelling in pro matches, not goofing around on some public server. In CTF, you'll see flag carriers strafe with the railgun and hit very hard flick rails.

It's not a problem that you were wondering, but it's a problem that some experienced people (who should know better) think that a flick rail is proof that you're aimbotting...
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 04:23:19 AM »

RMF, it was a joke. I'm sorry if you don't find it funny. I do!
Hm ok i just didn't get it, I'm not good at knowing when something is sarcasm and when not Wink
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 10:24:55 AM »

Hm ok i just didn't get it, I'm not good at knowing when something is sarcasm and when not Wink
It's the root of many misunderstandings and flame wars.

In defeat we learn.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »

... Fatal1ty doesn't strafe around with the railgun because you've watched him duelling in pro matches, not goofing around on some public server.

Actually he does not strafe around with the railgun neither on public servers :X
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: