Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trouble with OA on my 64 bit Ubuntu 9.10  (Read 5236 times)
poldie
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 18, 2010, 03:54:16 PM »

I just posted a message about trouble installing the game (I had no trouble installing/playing on the exact same box when I had 32 bit 9.10).  I've installed it now, but it's not working properly.

It seems to load and play, but crashes when I quit.  It just hangs the whole system and I need to press the reset button.

I have a quad core q6600 and 4 gigs of ram.  I'm using an on board graphics card - thinking of getting a proper one once I've found one which will work under both Ubuntu and Windows and with VMs (my ubuntu is the host OS, not a VM).

What can I do to diagnose and fix this problem?  I've applied updates, and I've got OA from the official site, not via the Ubuntu Software Centre (in case that's out of date).

Any ideas?

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »

What can I do to diagnose and fix this problem?

Please search the boards before posting. In this very same topic there's a recent discussion about the same freezing Ubuntu issue. Read that.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
poldie
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »

What can I do to diagnose and fix this problem?

Please search the boards before posting. In this very same topic there's a recent discussion about the same freezing Ubuntu issue. Read that.

I've been searching for ages, believe me! I saw that thread (or at least, another thread about pulseaudio) but didn't think it was connected to my problem.  I'll now follow the advice offered in that thread - thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: