Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: OA does not imitate Q3 perfectly it sucks  (Read 51902 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 09:35:42 AM »

As this is a recurrent topic, most of the discussion from this topic shall follow here.

What I wanted to say is that the anime-styled OA3 reboot will result in a game which will look quite different, almost another game. A better game, but more distant from Q3A than what it is now. I know your "we are not Q3" (content-speaking) idea, and that's okay... but as an old Q3 player, I also like playing with space marines by now and then. Smiley
I speak like Gig also as a Quake (3) player that the thematic al roots shouldn't be abandoned. The generation s of Quake always had something space/futuristic-like in their theme and the addition of gothic in Quake 3 was something brilliant and refreshing. Perhaps the cartoonish could involve both themes a little to get a nice effect.
There's already a lot of futuristic FPS, both Free and non-Free. OA doesn't really need to be one more of them.

I love quake as well, but I say differently. OA should strive to be OA, and If that will be done in just art, then do it. Just because it's based off of quake does not mean it has to follow it. OA should do what it really wants to do, and strongly answer the question, ”why should I play OA rather than quake3?” In order to get the community to grow. OA may not last very long if it stays as a free compatible q3. My opinion of course...
OA is about preserving the Q3 gameplay. Here we're talking about artwork-wise.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:03:57 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
revanic
VIP
Half-Nub

Cakes 4

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 10:14:50 AM »

I know, I just didn't word that all right.  Rest In PEACE!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 12:20:42 AM »

Ehm... placing that quote from my post from the other thread (which is just a part of it) in the opening post of a thread with this title ("OA does not imitate Q3 perfectly it sucks") could be misleading. It makes it look I'm one of those guys who say "oa sucks" or "oa sucks because it does not imitate Q3 perfectly", while it's absolutely not the case... It's not what I think and it's not what I meant to say.

What about deleting this whole thread, optionally starting it again in a different way (maybe also in a different section of the forums)?

UPDATE: my error: I did not notice that was not the first post of the thread, but only the first one of page two (of an old thread just resurrected). Sorry. (Note: I mentioned "what about deleting the whole thread" when I erroneously thought it was made by two posts only... while that's not the case.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:07:46 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 03:44:17 AM »

Ehm... placing that quote from my post from the other thread (which is just a part of it) in the opening post of a thread with this title
It's not the opening post -- this is page two.

But yeah, I didn't get why the other thread was suddenly shoe-horned into this old thread.  It's better (imho) to either let a discussion continue where it happens, or split off into a completely new thread.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 05:02:39 AM »

It's called "crossposting". =)
It was done so the other thread doesn't derail as much into discussions which have nothing to do with the first post.

And I'm against closing this thread.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: