Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To the Evil|Insta+rj Server Admin  (Read 21485 times)
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« on: April 28, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »

Can you add more maps to the server rotation? Like pul1ctf and hydronex and anything thats a large map. TY

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »

i would prefer hydronex in one of neon knights new ones.
barackobama
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 04:51:13 PM »

i added HDsagoalpha and pul1ctf... should be enough for the moment Smiley
may nextime you post your request in our forum (http://www.evilarena.de/), it was luck that we have seen this one Tongue
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »

i added HDsagoalpha and pul1ctf... should be enough for the moment Smiley
may nextime you post your request in our forum (http://www.evilarena.de/), it was luck that we have seen this one Tongue

Thanks for the additions. Yea, next time I'll hit up ya site.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 06:14:45 AM »

Barackobama, just a question (hoping that you will check this thread again!)...
Is somewhere a place to download "Insta+rj" mod without using "autodownload"? Could you create an "user-friendly" download package (with pk3s and readme files -with authors, license information, basic help-) just to extract to OpenArena installation directory? If this package already exists, could you give me a link? I'd like to add a review of the mod DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mods]to the wiki site of OpenArena, and I'd like to give a "download link" link to users (and so it would be installed for all users of the machine instead of the current user only).

Another thing: I just tried to start the mod (previously autodownloaded connecting to your server, where I was able to play) locally from "mods" menu... but there is a strange thing, I can't move! I can look with the mouse, shoot... turn left and right with arrows, but the classic movement keys (a,s,d,w) don't work (even if they are binded in controls menu)... any idea about this? :-/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:42:07 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Half-Nub

Cakes 10

Also known as Dots & cookies

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »

Another thing: I just tried to start the mod (previously autodownloaded connecting to your server, where I was able to play) locally from "mods" menu... but there is a strange thing, I can't move! I can look with the mouse, shoot... turn left and right with arrows, but the classic movement keys (a,s,d,w) don't work (even they are binded in controls menu)... any idea about this? :-/

I have seen this error too when the clan i'm in ran a North American Rocket/Rail server.For some reason the mod changes g_speed to 0. I have no idea why.

But setting g_speed 320(the default) fixes that
barackobama
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 03:07:46 PM »

hey,

well i dont know exactly the mod because it was installed and found by PaniC.

i have build a pak with the same files that i found in our "insta" folder incl sv.cfg

DL: http://www.arena-servers.de/downloads/insta-rj.7z

but sorry i dont have any infos of this mod or a link to a page or things like that

best regards
Evil|ObaMa
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 02:09:02 AM »

Oh, I thought it was your creation...

Thank you. Smiley Do you think you will maintain permanently that download link? (I'd like to link it from the wiki site)

Anyway, except for your server configuration file, they are only the same three files as autodownloaded ones. No "readme" included, I wonder who created this mod... Maybe I could search more the internet to find the developer...

Do you think it will work anyway also if the server created a folder called "insta" and your 7z file contains a folder called "insta-rj" (better name, I think), or if someone installs this to "insta-rj", it will also autodownload it to "insta" folder when connecting to your server?

A little thing: I suggest you to change references to your site in "insta.cfg" to "enter your site name" or similar, and then upload archive again... so to prevent people from "cloning" your server name...  Smiley

And thank you again!  Wink

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 06:13:07 AM »

Maybe I found the original mod:
Rocket Rail Unlagged (or Unlagged Rocket Rail), downloadable here, was a mod for Quake 3 Arena. This also explains the "unlagged" in the name: OpenArena has built-in lag compensation feature (no reason to use it in the mod's name), while in Quake 3 Arena this was achieved by "Unlagged" mod and some other mods that used its code (or similar, like ZPM -Zero Ping Mode- mod). So, it was a Quake 3 Arena mod.

But the one used by your server (thank your for your download) has something different. Pk3 file names are different. I tried it under Q3A and it didn't work. I think the mod may have been re-written from scratch or the package may have been adapted expressly for OpenArena (it seems contain something like textures for OA-Q3A compatibility)...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:47:23 PM by Gig » Logged

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 10:38:43 AM »

You put anything in a server mod. In particular, you put custom .pk3 files, ones you find from the internet here and there, and you can name that new mod whatever you want. Common things you do when you're a server admin.

Todo: Walk the cat.
barackobama
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 10:43:32 AM »

the sv_hostname "" parameter is emty in the cfg there are in the pak
or do you mean something else?

the download link will be stay for longe time

BR
Obama
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »

or do you mean something else?
I was talking about
seta g_motd "www.evilarena.de"
sets ".homepage" "http://www.evilarena.de/"
sets ".Hoster" "http://www.arena-servers.de/"
sets ".Location" "Germany"

I thought that something like "write your xxxx here" could be better...

barackobama
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »

i have change that things and i added the DL link to our "About Insta+Rj" page too http://www.evilarena.de/insta/
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 01:21:28 AM »

Great Barack!  Grin
Thank you very much!
I will write about the mod on the wiki site during the next days...

Just a question:
Do you think it will work anyway also if the server created a folder called "insta" and your 7z file contains a folder called "insta-rj" (better name, I think), or if someone installs this to "insta-rj", it will also autodownload it to "insta" folder when connecting to your server?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »

Okay. DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Unlagged_Rocket_Rail]Check here. Do you like it?

SKC Sabastian
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 08:52:36 PM »

Hello peps, I just found this thread bumping around the net. I would like to introduce myself. My name is SKC Sabastian. The creator of Unlagged-RR. I am very happy to see that Rr has survived to a new game. I am not happy to read the posts saying no readme is included when they autodownload or download the (repackaged) mod. In the original packaged for distrubtion zip file, there was a README file included. In that file it states ( can be used as long as this readme is included AND unchanged. In that readme it also explains some basic server settings to correct the problems you are having. you can still get the original zip at fileplanet or quakeplanet. I am happy you are playing the Mod, but give credit for my hard work of writing and tweaking thousands of lines of code. I hope you left in the closing credits to toss me a bone. In closing to cacatoes :  server adims DO NOT just get things of the net pile them together and call it a mod. You take what i wrote in hard code and change the settings that I chose to let you, or any other server adim change.

Fear is not an option. It is a necessity!
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 01:23:41 AM »

Hi Sabastian,

big "thx" for this mod: it is real fun!
I am sure, the evil admins will include the readme in the release.
St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 02:54:21 AM »

+1! you deserve credits! Awesome Tongue
Thx for this mod man, this rock Grin

And in the case evil don't check here again, just give a remind on their web Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 04:21:28 AM »

Thank you for your nice mod, man!

I hope the Evil Clan guys will update the download package on their site, including a readme that indicates you as the mod's author, even if their Evil|Insta-RJ OpenArena server seems no more active...
But, AFAIK, it is not possible to get a readme file via "autodownload": i think that it works with .pk3 files only. Maybe one may include the readme inside the pk3, but who would find it?

Another thing: I just checked, and the download package I found for the original mod for Q3A:
http://www.fileplanet.com/122068/120000/fileinfo/Rocket-Rail-Unlagged
does not contain any "readme" file. I see a .cfg file, but not "readme" file in that package. The only indication you ("Sabastian") are the author of the mod is in the fileplanet page itself, but the downloaded zip file does not contain this information or the server settings corrections needed you talked before.
I don't know where to find a download package that includes the readme file. If you know it, I will be glad to add the link to the wiki site. If you want, you can upload the package here, too (it should be less than 3MB, I suppose...)...

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 05:03:35 AM »

Evil|Insta-RJ OpenArena server seems no more active...

They switched to E+ CTF if i'm not wrong Wink
But with an easy package shared on public with the MOD it won't took age b4 someone think about install it on his server Tongue

Here you have mine now  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:21:53 AM by St0n3*r » Logged

SKC Sabastian
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »

Gig  i have the the zip file with everything in it you need. The readme file is in there. This might be (is) a case of to lazy to repackage and upload to fileplanet after i added the server.bat files. I included a dedicated-RR.bat and a launch-RR.bat file plus a pak3 that forced the model jhonny5 as the defaut model, and the readme. it looks like fileplanet did not over right the original upload. It's been way too long to worrie about it LOL. I think the g_speed changing to 0 is when i changed the CVAR for callvote to change the game speed type in console   /speed instead of g_speed. It used to frustrate the hell out of me. You can e-mail me at jiggs75@cox.net and i can get you the whole mod as it should of been uploaded the fileplanet. I have no hard feelings towards anyone at Evil or anybody else about the Mod. I think its awesome you guys love it. I quoted the readme while driving down the road, and from a long time ago (2003). Last thing, what is the +rj ? I hope it is not rail jumping hehe. I left that out on purpose.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »

I'm curious to try the full package. Why don't you simply post it here? Edit your post, and click on "Additional Options..." under the edit window: you can attach files up to 3082 KB directly here.

Johnny5 was my favourite Q3A model  Smiley... but if its bot files are included in the mod, this may cause some problems when the bot will enter the game, since Q3A bot files aren't fully compatible with OpenArena. And if the model is included in the package, it will probably be more than 3082 KB... anyway you can send the mod to me at thegig@supereva.it. But I don't have an account on fileplanet, or megaupload, or rapidshare, or similar...

SKC Sabastian
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »

It is funny what a guy will do to pass the time. I can't upload it here now because i am driving a semi truck. I will not be home till tonight or tomorrow and do not have the file here on my phone LOL. i did however check planetquake (not quakeplanet) and the zip is there under unlagged-RR. It shows i did update it 3 days after the original upload. However it takes you back to fileplanet to download it, and fileplanet did not update the file. This is things i should of checked 7 years ago LOL. i will check when i get home on the model but if i remember right it was just a pk3 file with jhonny5 in it and the cfg file with j5 as default model. You do not have to choose j5 as your model. Aslo when I ran a server i turned sv_allowdownload to *0* . That way the client joined without downloading the 1/2 mod. This lets the player play the Mod  serverside. If they download from the server ( sv_allowdownload 1 ) they only get the pk3 files 0,1,2. etc... The draw back to a clien playing serverside is he is dependant on the server to supply the packets fast without dropping to many for lag and connection problems. Most peps would go download the mod at the links coded into the console at the start of every game. I will have to get openarena and check it out this weekend. Sure is fun to talk about my Mod that was a huge hit at Quake-Con in 2004. I might have spacewalker zip up the mod and send it to ya tonight. 

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »

Take your time. I will have very little time tomorrow...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: