Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove mods?  (Read 21095 times)
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« on: May 03, 2010, 04:39:59 AM »

Hi. The other day I played a game at /QT-F/ server and it downloaded tons of crap to my system. But worst part is.. It changed my default oa menu. To some extremely ugly bluish background. Looks like a three year old made it. Also, console is completely broken, it has a gradient color from black to white, that makes reading from the console completely impossible.

Please help me remove this mod.

Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in!

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:03:12 AM »

Lowl, welcome to OA 0.8.5 !
Your upgrade successfully complete.

More seriously, one of the downloaded file is pak6-patch085.pk3, you would normally find it in your baseoa directory. (in one subdirectory of your c:\document and settings ...)
I don't know which other files were downloaded from this server.
Anyway, you should keep this patch, and put it in your OA installation directory.
You may also have an eye there: http://openarena.ws/download.php?list.60

Todo: Walk the cat.
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:39:23 AM »

Ok. I dont mind the game patch. I mind the ugly menu and unusable console. Can I somehow change the console and the menu back? They are just images anyway no? I'd like to be up to date but I dont like to get blind each time I launch oa.

[EDIT] If I join a server (tried supeR, CTF) and come back, I have the old menu. But if I restart, its that blue thing again.

Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in!

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 06:11:10 AM »

Check DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Where_are_autodownloaded_files_saved.3F]here for information about autodownloaded files path.
Please note you will also find your configuration files in the same folders...
Bye!

PS: usually a mod shouldn't affect the main game.. maybe you autodownloaded files for "baseoa" (the main game, not a mod), or when you exited the game, you remained on the mod (in the last case, just closing and launching OpenArena again should fix your view). Or maybe sometimes a mod could autodownload also files for baseoa, if you are missing them? I don't know, but it might be possible.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:35:19 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »

I dont understand what u mean. But will I get the old menu etc if I remove pak6-patch085?

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 05:25:21 PM »

Yes, you will get the old menu.
Though, do you want to play OA 0.8.1 or OA 0.8.5 ?
With this patch, it is normal you get the blue menu, though it isn't your console is not visible, some other .pk3 may be responsible of this.
0.8.5 shouldn't have a console bug, if so, you should tell us and we'll try to tell you what to do (It's likely your console texture is missing for some reason).

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 01:30:24 AM »

I dont understand what u mean.
I've rearranged my answer. Is it a little more clear, now?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 04:01:49 AM »

To some extremely ugly bluish background.
Whahahaha finally another sould not liking that new 085 menu Cheesy
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:18:24 AM »

Its not a console bug. But the console has gradient color!!!! So its next to useless. Yes. Very terrible update.

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 05:46:46 AM »

As Cacatoes said the console wasn't changed much, it should look like this:

Could you make a screenshot of yours? Or try emptying the whole DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Where_are_the_configuration_files_saved.3F]OA user folder (backup your config if you must!) and see if it's still there.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 06:50:24 AM »

Its not a console bug. But the console has gradient color!!!! So its next to useless. Yes. Very terrible update.
Maybe your update is incomplete and your problem is caused by a missing texture... you can try to manually download ad install update 0.8.5 inside OpenArena folder (and delete autodownloaded patch file from %APPDATA%\OpenArena\baseoa).... or, if you want, you could also try to install OA0.8.1+update0.8.5 from scratch... (download from here)

Anyway, I'm not sure, but I think that console background may be logo256.tga or logo512.jpg in "textures\sfx" folder inside baseoa\pak6-patch085.pk3 (remember that you can open pk3 files with zip programs (WinRar, LZArc, etc.....)).
My pack6-patch085.pk3 is 35,2 MB (36.972.040 byte). How's yours?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:02:44 AM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 07:20:14 AM »

Maybe it's a question of likings, but anyway...

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3512.0

We don't want to clone/remake Q3 artwork anymore.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 07:58:26 AM »

As Cacatoes said the console wasn't changed much, it should look like this:

Are you sure that console and its behaviour has not changed much ?

The console behaviour is now controlled by these new cvars :

- cl_consoleHeight -> its value can be between 0.1 and 1.0 ( 1.0 for full screen console )
- cl_consoleType : 2 for new console color/transparency behaviour , old console with every other value
- cl_consoleColorAlpha ( transparency )
- cl_consoleColorRed
- cl_consoleColorGreen
- cl_consoleColorBlue
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:23:56 AM by Falkland » Logged
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 10:10:18 AM »

Ok. I cant take printscreen. Its just a completely black pic :S. Anyway. My console does NOT look like yours. Bottom and sides are completely white. And middle is black.

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »

Ah.. Here is a screen. http://img718.imageshack.us/i/shot0000k.jpg/

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 10:35:54 AM »

It seems the classic "missing texture" (or "shader problem") situation. For example, you can easily find many similar "no-textures" if you install additional maps for Q3A under OA without installing an external "compatibility texture pack". Did you check your pack6-patch085.pk3 file as I suggested before?

PS: Why does everybody upload images to external servers when this forum allows file upload (additional options under the edit window)?

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 10:44:16 AM »

PS: Why does everybody upload images to external servers when this forum allows file upload (additional options under the edit window)?
Images uploaded with the forum functionality can only be viewed while logging in. That is the reason I use external images in map-threads there users not logged in should be able to view them anyway.

In addition the forum upload has historically not been that reliable. Often the upload folder is full.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 07:36:35 PM »

Hmmm...  maybe I am right to wait for 0.8.6 before updating my client and servers.  I hope the aesthetics of 0.8.5 are sorted out by then.  It does not give me a warm feeling when an experienced player like RMF has issues with the menu.

Riwa, your Thread Title really ought to be How to remove or fix 0.8.5 as the issue was never about a Mod going rogue after all.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 05:33:27 AM »

Well, I figured that it COULDNT be an official update creating this, it MUST be a mod... How wrong you can be punched. Tbh I prefer re-installing oa. 0.85 just seems annoying.

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 07:35:49 AM »

The official release is not responsible for this console bug.
Can't you move out ALL these .pk3 which are in your baseoa directory ?
It should fix the problem with the console, and then you could keep that patch [with the blue menu] and still play BOTH 081 and 085 servers.

Staying on 081 only makes it harder for server admins, developpers, and leads to a community split :-/

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 01:34:11 PM »

Well, I figured that it COULDNT be an official update creating this, it MUST be a mod...

I had the same problem , but with the background of the main menu .... it has gone after I've removed all the downloaded defrag maps.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »

Well, I figured that it COULDNT be an official update creating this, it MUST be a mod... How wrong you can be punched. Tbh I prefer re-installing oa. 0.85 just seems annoying.

Did you try what I suggested before (checking your patch pk3 size)?

Did you try to change  \cl_consoleType value?

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »

The cl_console* does not work if the patch was autodownloaded because they are in the binary with all the other cl_-cvars.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 05:11:21 PM »

The cl_console* does not work if the patch was autodownloaded because they are in the binary with all the other cl_-cvars.

Huh ..... I guessed that a pak starting with the "pak" prefix cannot be downloaded :/

http://rainbow.furver.se/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=10073#10073
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 09:00:14 AM »

To be more specific , the pk3 files which names start with "pak" prefix followed by a number n ( pakn ) with 0<n<NUM_ID_PAKS ( pak0-pak8) should be never been allowed to be auto-downloaded by the server.

NUM_ID_PAKS is equal to 9 and defined in qcommon.h

Code:

// referenced flags
// these are in loop specific order so don't change the order
#define FS_GENERAL_REF 0x01
#define FS_UI_REF 0x02
#define FS_CGAME_REF 0x04
#define FS_QAGAME_REF 0x08
// number of id paks that will never be autodownloaded from baseq3
#define NUM_ID_PAKS 9

I'd be curious to know if anyone has ever successfully auto-downloaded an OA patch and I'd be more curious to know how this could ever been happened Huh
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: