Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't find the location of Open Arena  (Read 9232 times)
All
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: May 04, 2010, 08:31:02 AM »

I've installed OpenArena from the Software Center (v.0.8.1) and I don't find the location of the textures and more. I've searched "baseoa" on the archives searcher but I haven't find it.

Is there another way to install the new version? Thanks
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:37:09 AM »

Can you repeat the question? I don't understand...
Well, have you downloaded OA 0.8.1 and patch 0.8.5 from here? Which Operating System are you using?
You can select the folder to install the game... for example (under Windows) c:\program files\OpenArena. Configuration Data and autodownloaded files are instead stored (with Windows) on %appdata%\openarena (as stated DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Where_are_the_configuration_files_saved.3F]here)...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Half-Nub

Cakes 10

Also known as Dots & cookies

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:12:23 AM »

I have no clue what the "Software Center" is. If you downloaded openarena from the openarena website it should have been in a ZIP file. Wherever you extracted its contents is the location of the game.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:38:45 AM »

I presume it is the Ubuntu Software Center.

The best way to upgrade is to copy the pk3-file from the 0.8.5 patch into ~/.openarena/baseoa/

There are nothing offending in my posts.
All
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 02:10:51 AM »

Sorry, I am spanish. I have Ubuntu 9.10, when I download the files (0.8.5), the executables don't run. Do I need to download both files or only the patch ?¿?
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:38:34 AM »

Only the patch Smiley You shouldn't replace binaries if you used the Ubuntu repository.

Todo: Walk the cat.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »

http://easy-upload.nl/f/Nxbks51K
here's a small vid i just made. So just goto the homepage, click 'patch' on the left, click the blue arrow for a direct download, wait (i pauzed the vid meanwhile), open the package and go into the baseoa dir, drag that file into /home/username/.openarena/baseoa and done Smiley
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 07:22:25 PM »

@RMF,
Your mouse cursor isn't visible. Do you use "recordmydesktop" ? "istanbul" ? the latter has an option to record the mouse pointer.

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 01:24:19 PM »

hypercam2, but it's recorded in a virtual machine. Not sure howto get the cursor visible, but that's why I posted the short description under the vid.
If something is not clear I can re-record it with spoken description.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 04:16:08 AM »

You can use the capture tools which come with Linux then. No need to record again, that was just a suggestion for future videos Wink

All
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 06:07:22 AM »

Thanks, I finally work openarena
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: