Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection times out when browsing servers  (Read 5304 times)
befno
Half-Nub

Cakes -6

« on: May 21, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »

Well, maybe this isnt related to OpenArena itself, as I'm having the same problem with Quake 3 too, but, it only occurs with these two games, and they are more or less similar.  With my older router that isn't working anymore I could browse servers with the default server browser in both q3 and open arena, but now since I switched to a newer router, a trendnet one, whenever i try finding servers from the internet my connection times out, inmediately.  It doesnt start populating servers and then it stops. Right after I click on MP, the connection times out.  I have to unplug the router and plug it back on to get the internet working again.  It's something very odd. I thought it was maybe the Dynamic Host I enabled, but after disabling it, the connection still dropped.  This occurs even from a wirelessly connected computer.  I tried browsing for servers in a computer that connects to the router wirelessly, and the connection timed out in that computer, and in the router itself too. I had to go to the router and reset it as well.  This is really weird, it doenst occur with any other online game.  At least I havent seen it.  Anyone know what may be the problem?

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 03:39:59 AM »

Hiya, check this. Wink
I don't know if it can be fixed, you may use external browser as a temporary solution .. ?

Todo: Walk the cat.
befno
Half-Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »

That posting seems to be only about linux.  I'm on windows.  It really sucks, this didnt occur with my other router.  Is the new one just incapable of querying servers without dying?
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 04:12:29 AM »

It seems Linux or Windows don't matter here, but these guys had Linux so had more network tools to investigate.
If there's a solution I don't know it. Maybe some router can be set up/configured to tolerate this server querying.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: