Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OA Crash on Fedora 12 BotLibShutdown  (Read 8413 times)
J.Val
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: May 30, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »

Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I have been enjoying openarena3-1.36-4.fc12 for several days now. Recently I am crashing a few minutes after I start the game. The crashlog last error is "Error: BotLibShutdown: bot library used before being setup". I will try to attach my crashlog.txt to this topic, it contains other errors.

This failure started to happen shortly after I installed Tremulous, could there be a problem related to this other game? The bot lib error says something about not being setup, do I need to do something here?

I am a new user to this game and am not very familiar with how it is set up on my Fedora machine.

Thanks,
Val
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 04:11:18 AM »

Hi, welcome on the board Wink

There are a few maps which doesn't have bot support.
Anyway, your problem happened on oa_dm6, it has bot support. When they don't have, it crashes as soon as the firt bot appears.
So, I don't know what's causing this. Note; some map crash the game if you play like deathmatch while they are meant to be played for CTF, the error is something like "Couldn"t find spawnpoint blablabla".
I doubt it is related with your Tremulous installation, at least, from your logs we can say openarena doesn't seem to load tremulous files.

Todo: Walk the cat.
J.Val
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 01:09:15 PM »

Thanks,

Do you think I should try to replace a file or reinstall the whole game?
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 02:56:23 PM »

If you installed the game thanks to your distribution repository, I'd suggest you to try to download OA from openarena.ws.
Sometimes they deal differently with libraries and build options, which can bring troubles in some cases.
You get the .zip, and you uncompress it.

Note: your games .pk3 were located inside your home directory, which is not the way I usually see OA installed. Usually, only custom .pk3s (ones autodownloaded from servers) are stored there, and are not amongst original and official .pk3s from the game.

J.Val
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:28 AM »

OK I have downloaded two files oa081.zip and oa085p.zip   I am not familiar with installing S/W in this Linux/Fedora environment, still just trying to learn. Normally I just use the Add/Remove package manager that comes with Fedora.  I assume I should uninstall my previous version of OA and then install these zip files. I looked through the files for some installation instructions but did not find anything.

Could you please point me to some install directions so I can do this correctly?

Thanks,
Val
Half-Nub

Cakes 10

Also known as Dots & cookies

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 11:57:59 AM »

It is a ZIP file so there is no need to install. After you extra the folder open it and i believe its the "openarena.i386" to start the game on linux. (I'm not sure as i use windows  Tongue)
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 01:07:16 PM »

That's right, you just have to extract openarena anywhere, in your home directory for ease, or in /opt or /usr/local for a system-wise installation.
Then you click on either openarena.i386, or openarena.x64 (if you have a 64 bits architecture).

All you have to do with the 085 patch file is to unzip it at the same directory than where you installed 081, it will overwrite some files and that will mean the update went okay (if 081, the game menu is red, if 085, the game menu is blue).

J.Val
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 08:04:51 PM »

OA is running  Smiley  Thanks!

I did not do the uninstall just created a game directory and unzipped the files to it. When I ran the game "openarena.x86_64" I did get the blue menu but I was surprised to see it had kept my old statistics.

Where is it finding this info?
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 02:57:09 AM »

It's finding it in your home directory.

~/.openarena ; is the place where user parameters are stored.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: