Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pligh of Campers and Spammers and...the clone wars  (Read 6613 times)
skyknight
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: June 19, 2010, 03:43:44 AM »

Hello friends,
for those who know me I'm SkyKnight, an Admin of the Italian community of OpenArena.
Lately, in addition to the continuing plight of the existence of different spammers and campers, there was the unpleasant episode SCASSAPALLE. Player for some time, while keeping to a minimum of dignity to the anonymous spammers and other campers, he created a chain reaction that led to different admin servers to ban whole IP ranges that many more players could not play online . Especially for those who are part of networks that NAT SCASSAPALLE connects.
In this regard, I would caution you that SCASSAPALLE decided to play correctly in order not to damage other players.
And then I also offer this topic relating to the subject, which are also taking a good way to define a strategy to address the plight of the campers.

http://www.openarena.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=413&start=0

P.S. would be nice if someone alerts the admin of various servers that still banned in many different IP players are connected. Thank you.
P.P.S. There are several campers and spammers who use clone nick scassapalle: scappalle-bis, cinciuciao, scasapale and others. Keep in mind that are not true scassapalle, some are not even Italian and, unlike true scassapalle also used insulting.

Byeeee! Cheesy
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 07:19:04 AM »

Damn!
You did the fault in the past and now we should help you?
Your task was to talk to him much earlier as you did now.

Maybe he is brave enough to apologize by himself and post his real nick.
As long as he did not (and be sure, that i know his "real" nick - ask smash), i will not support this request for unban the ip range.

He destroys gameplay and community for about 6 month and did a tremendous damage on OpenArena - with your knowledge!
He even still insults ppl on forums (like evils or on ios forum), so the excuse is just a joke.

I hope, that all of you had learned your lessons and sure: everybody deserves a 2nd chance - even if he was warned since month, but i guess many players of the community are still angry and it needs more to get unbaned.

Lets see, if he is a feisty...
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 08:45:22 AM »

I agree.

Posting his real name by himself would be a good way to show that he now takes seriously his responsabilities for what he did.

Words are not enough, you need acts too.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:00:50 PM »

Words are not enough, you need acts too.
That's why he quit camping and spamming I guess.

And he did post on our forum. Not much, but he did..
Quote from: scassapalle2010
HELLO EVERYBODY!

Thank you very much for unban me!

See you in arena.

Smiley

A nice CUCU! for you all!

I have read your posts RMF
THX!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: