Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Joystick profilers don't work with OA (GNU+Linux)  (Read 5132 times)
node357
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: July 14, 2010, 04:02:56 PM »

Hi, I have to use a gamepad to play games nowadays, and I know it's not ideal for OA, but I have to do it. On Windows, just about any profiler application that can map a joystick to mouse movement works fine. I was using that method to get more accurate controls with a gamepad. On GNU+Linux (any distro), I've tried Qjoypad, Joy2Key and even Xpadder with Wine to do this, but in-game, as soon as a I move the joystick that's mapped to the mouse, my view spins out of control. I can turn the sensitivity down to almost nil and stil get this effect. In the menus, the cursor simply shoots to the lower-right of the screen and is stuck there. Any ideas why?
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 04:37:39 PM »

I use JoyToKey:  http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm
like you mentioned you have as well, but I don't use it for mouse looking. I use my mouse for that.

I'd suggest looking closer at your gamepad config in the control panel, specifically the stick sensitivity.

Hmm, I am also using Windows XP

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: