Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Capture The Citadels  (Read 12633 times)
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« on: August 08, 2010, 04:33:03 PM »

To celebrate the recent release of Excessive Plus 2.1, the WASP Clan would like to invite you to Capture The Citadels - a 2 hour CTF FragFest featuring OpenArena's baseoa and Excessive Plus's plusD game styles.

If you or your Clan have what it takes to Capture The Citadels - that is, to conquer both game styles - then it's time to play.  This FragFest is entirely team based and open to anyone regardless of skill level.  With 64 player slots, even those who simply want to observe are welcome to attend.  See you in the arena.

WHEN: Sunday, 22 August 2010.

TIME: 3:00 PM (15:00)  --  New York, USA.

Eastern European Time: 10:00 PM (22:00)

Central European Time: 9:00 PM (21:00)

Western European Time: 8:00 PM (20:00)

Atlantic Standard Time: 4:00 PM (16:00)

Eastern Standard Time: 3:00 PM (15:00)

Central Standard Time: 2:00 PM (14:00)

Mountain Standard Time: 1:00 PM (13:00)

Pacific Standard Time: 12:00 PM (12:00)

Time Conversion Link: http://www.worldtimezone.com

SERVER NAME: FragFest - Capture The Citadels (67.231.251.116:27960).  This New York, USA, based server will be created specifically for the event. That means it won't exist until a few hours prior to the event.  Players from Germany can expect a ping between 95ms and 125ms.

PLAYER SLOTS: 64 Total.  Additional spawn points, health, weapons, ammo, etc.,  will be created via entity files - an E+/CPMA mechanism for modifying or replacing map items without editing the underlying map.

REQUIREMENTS: The Excessive Plus Mod and 9 custom maps or simply the 9 custom maps or Auto Downloads enabled.  Please note that Excessive Plus can be played server-side only, that is, you do not need to download the software.  However, players with the Mod will have additional capabilities and therefore an advantage, and custom maps will probably look ugly because you need a Q3 Texture Replacement File like the one included with Excessive Plus.

Helpful Video Information: (MP4) (XviD)

FragFest Map Rotation:

Capture the  Flag (CTF):
Like Team Death Match but with the added dimension of having to achieve an objective.  Capture the Enemy's Flag and take it back to your base to score a capture.  Earn points for Flag Captures, Assisting in a Flag Capture, Defending your Flag, Returning your Flag, etc.

Return the Flag (RTF):
RTF is more difficult than regular Capture the Flag but it is also a better team game.  The difference is that if your team flag is moved you cannot return it to your base by merely touching it.  You have to take it back, so watch out!

Also, since merely touching your team flag is not enough to return it to your base, be very careful not to inadvertently take it to the enemy base as you attempt to capture their flag.

One Flag Capture the Flag (1FCTF):
In 1FCTF, you have to pick up the Neutral Flag (White Flag) in the middle of the map and try to get to the enemy's base to score a capture.  Don't forget that it's the enemy's base and therefore well protected! 

You may stand a better chance of winning if most of your team goes on offense. CTF based game types are the only game types in E+ where you can be the worst shooter but still win matches because in Excessive Plus CTF, speed usually beats accuracy.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 04:04:29 AM »

Doh, too long to wait ... Wink
Thanks for organizing such events, they are appealing (and well prepared !)

Todo: Walk the cat.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »

...Thanks for organizing such events, they are appealing (and well prepared !)

TY

-----------------------------

Final Reminder:  FragFest this Sunday - Players of all skill levels are invited to participate or spectate.

A few screen shots from our 2nd OA FragFest

A few screen shots from our 1st OA FragFest

WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 12:24:12 AM »

Thanks to all the Clans (oaN, OA Revolution, Evil, GaNja, supeR, CreW, AFO, pi, dL, SoS, IO, and any others that I missed) and Clan-less players who made the Capture The Citadels FragFest a huge success!

While this event, our 3rd FragFest, had the largest player turn-out it was unfortunately marred by 3 server crashes.  These crashes were related to entity files that me and my Clan created but failed to adequately test.  These files permit additional initial spawn and re-spawn points, addition weapons, ammo, power-ups and health/armor items than supported by their intended maps.

On behalf of WASP, I would like to thank each player for supporting our efforts to promote Excessive Plus.  I am sure you could have spent your time elsewhere and so we greatly appreciated your presence.

Below are two screen shots and a link to most of the screen shots for those who were not present.

Mapel4b and the E+ PlusD Game Style

Bunker_CTF1 and the OA baseoa Game Style

Capture The Citadels Fragfest Gallery

Our next FragFest - Tagged for Xmas! - will be held in December (either on Sunday 19th or Sunday 26th).  It will be held simultaneously on 2 Servers - One in the USA and the other in Europe.

We will be awarding 3 web hosting prizes - 1 to a North/South American Clan and 2 to European/Asia Clans for various demonstrated skills.  These web hosts by HostGator will be provided at no cost for 3 years.  These are self-managed web hosts so each Clan is responsible for the content.  They run Centos 5.x and come with more capability than I currently see at 97% of OA Clan Sites:

Client Control Panel (cPanel, AWStats, Webalizer, Raw Log Manager, Referrer and Error Logs, Hotlink Protection, IP Deny Manager, Redirect UR and lots more).

Programming and Database (MySQL, phpAdmin, CGI, Fast CGI, PHP 5, Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python, SSI, Curl, CPAN, GD Library, Image Magick, SSH Access, Cron Job Scheduling, FrontPage Extensions, etc.).

Email (POP3 or IMAP Email Accounts with SMTP, WebMail Access using Horde, SquirrelMail, RoundCube or all 3, SpamAssassin, BoxTrapper, Autoresponders, Mail, Forwards, Email Aliases, Mailing Lists, etc.).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:10:49 AM by WaspKiller » Logged

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 12:57:15 AM »

Great  Cheesy

Sad i missed it, count of me for the next one Smiley

WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 01:08:29 AM »

Mea culpa!

I would like to thank St0n3*r , Clan Leader of OA Revolution for promoting our last 2 events via his popular FaceBook page.  Both OA and E+ benefit from promotions like his.

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 01:17:00 AM »

Cheesy np!

Btw. I was thinking if we found time,
maybe we could make short trailer for the next one Wink
[to warn the 1475 people on Youtube lol punched]

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: