Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: supeR,Servers major "next-gen" update !  (Read 6223 times)
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« on: August 24, 2010, 08:28:13 AM »

supeR,Servers have been updated with a brand new open system !

The servers fully use the technologies developped for the OACL2010, and added more tools to provide an open architecture and a pyramidal hierarchy of privileges, which permit to fully delegate tasks and empowers players that are willing to help out, even if they are not part of the clan.

Furthermore, the servers are now automatically maintained and watched for crash by OAMPS, and players behaviour is watched by the big brother bot, which is a totally customized version fully compatible with OA, thank's to a close cooperation with the b3 dev team.

Here is a schema of the supeR,Servers :

For more informations and instructions on how to implement this system on your own server :
http://superbots.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=697

We are looking for moderators for our servers ! No playing frequency required nor technical knowledge, only a good behaviour.

For more infos :
How to become a supeR,Server moderator

Have fun and play fair on our servers,
GrosBedo alias supeR,Grism
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:45:28 AM by GrosBedo » Logged
vindimy
Bigger member

Cakes 15

lolwut?

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 04:13:55 PM »

Wow, someone has invested a LOT of time into this, great job Smiley My only concern is that "Super," servers are run only in EU area - I'd like to see them in North America (and maybe Asia) as well. Do you need help with hosting?

Darkal
Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 07:52:42 AM »

Wow, someone has invested a LOT of time into this, great job Smiley My only concern is that "Super," servers are run only in EU area - I'd like to see them in North America (and maybe Asia) as well. Do you need help with hosting?
Hi !

Hmm this is an interesting idea... I will considere this. But, for the moment, we have really other things more important to care about  Undecided
- OpenArena European supeR,Lan organization
- OpenArena Clan-League matches preparations
- European supeR,Servers to reform (especially CTF and Defrag)

But I promize that I note your suggestion Smiley

See you soon.

| supeR,Penguin
| supeR,Bots website here !
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 08:38:17 PM »

Everything I've done is licensed under GPL v3, so feel free to use any of these tools, and implement any of these config, or tweak them to fit your needs.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »

GPLv3? Why do not the same license as OpenArena, the GPLv2?

Just a question...  Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: