Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTF is getting stale  (Read 8684 times)
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« on: October 27, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

To the grand overlords of oa hear my woes...now go check oa multiplayer and look at which servers have ppl playing in them. There are about an equal number of DM and CTF servers with ppl on them. Forget the DM ones. Now of the CTF servers how many are normal ctf and not rockets or rail? Because it seems to me that NONE are!!! the only server that regularly has ppl on it is "rofl for fishies" which has a very specalized group of people who like oactf4ish. I dont know if there is anyone else who feels this way but I have noticed this trend recently and it might be that im on at odd hours but I would appriciate any input ppl have  Smiley

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »

CTF servers (...) normal ctf and not rockets or rail? Because it seems to me that NONE are!!!
You have supeR,ctf ; all league servers ; and much more Wink
If you are looking after nice games take a look on irc channel there is lot of people ready to fight Smiley

Pain
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:28:33 PM »

there are other weapons besides the railgun?

some serious instaDM should comeback to rule the world of oa like belzerail once did

Instantgib is serious business ... I guess.
Tiny
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:20:23 PM »

You can indeed join supeR,ctf if you want some all-weapons, else there's mostly people on insta or rockets servers.
But you can also check for the league's servers ( OACL ), there's usually guys playing in the evening and you can get some fun matches in all-weapons/insta/rockets/elimination Wink

Fear the Tiny's fire!! ( or bring some water! )
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:19:15 AM »

super,ctf is often full in the evenings (cet) so you have to queue to play Smiley

great server!
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 04:43:33 AM »

There is also Italia|OpenArena.it CTF which often has people, and which has a map rotation with several standard maps, it's an allweapons server. Though I think it runs 081.

About fishes:

Some merman:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Matsya_painting.jpg

Interesting specimens I admit.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 02:32:46 PM »

thank you everyone for pointing out 1 server (super,ctf) proving that everything is just rail and rockets now Sad

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
Tiny
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 11:45:28 AM »

I told you: check the league's server, there's elimination there, or you can connect on the aftershock irc:
#oaUnofficial@irc.quakenet.org
There you can also ask to play elimination on RN aftershock server.

But you can join every clan's irc and ask everyone you see for all-weapons, or elimination, or whatever you want Wink
Most of the players play rockets or rail ye, but there's also a lot of other mods played Tongue

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 11:52:33 AM »

But he's asking for more "standard" CTF servers, he doesn't seem interested in other gametypes...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Tiny
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 11:54:54 AM »

There are others " normal ctf " servers, not that much players on it true, but most are on super ctf or on open arena.it as cacatoes said Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: