Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Admins of Rofl InstantGib and Rofl allrockets  (Read 34256 times)
Piotrus Pan
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: November 16, 2010, 09:00:50 AM »

Hi!
I'm looking for admin/s of those servers, cause there is a player that should be banned.
Nickname is assrape, not only he insults other players, spams, use foul language but the most important he doesn't let every body play when he's "not in the mood". He shoots his own team mates, returning enemy flag to the enemy and basically screws the whole game.
When we kick him, he allays comes back, that's why he should be banned.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »

So he plays reversed CTF, that's interesting. Usually when you're really unwelcome on a server you feel it and everyone turns against you. See what happens when an aimbot connects.
Kicking is indeed a bit uneffective as it is.
Now I don't want him to spoil the 9 other players game. I'll see what I can do but I have to think about it.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pain
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 10:03:22 AM »

As long as a player has enough fanboys among the community, a player can even insult other players as nazis and so on. see smash for an example.

good luck ^^

Instantgib is serious business ... I guess.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »

I just talked to him, he pretends to deal with retards who join wrong teams and such. The problem is it often has the side-effect of annoying people who didn't ask for it. If people want a real game then themselves should behave accordingly.
Being called a nazi can't be taken seriously, unless you have a real problem about it.
He can talk so I guess most of the time you can solve the problem this way.
* Cacatoes called a vote to be able to ignore players client-side. Or even use regexp to filter a few annoying binds. Ahum.

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »

assrape have HUGE matter when he feel something is wrong in a game.
but he is able to make serious game too! Wink

Be banned mmm it's cacatoes choice Tongue

BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:07:25 PM »

I am familiar with assrape, and play with him often.  He has a *very* abrasive personality, and does use foul language, but that won't kill most people.  He is a good player, but is very immature and likes to have things go the way he wants.  Much like other gruff people in the world, one just needs to learn how to deal with him, and he can be OK.  Smiley
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 01:24:52 PM »

Would you tolerate such kind of behaviour in real life (tm)?
If not, you have to ban him.

imho everybody has to learn his lessons in life.
sometimes it is some kind of cure to collect experiences.
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »

Played this guy and others like him if he wants people to simply balance teams he could just ask or if they act like noobs and say no he could just leave. Staying and doing stuff like this only makes people kick you and causes you to be known as an a**. Since kicking seems to not work everybody could just leave and stay gone for 5 or so minutes then come back or the more difficult route is to “own “ the player that is p*ssing you off and that usually makes them want to leave.

Also Hi Black Bruno nice to see you on the forums.
Piotrus Pan
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 02:29:27 PM »

Just to show i'm not lieing or making it up :

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25228778/assrape.dm_71
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »

Hello to you too Bane, it's nice to be here.  Smiley  I made an account quite some time ago and forgot about it until I was looking through posts today and St0n3*r messaged me.  LOL

BTW, I hope I didn't upset anyone re: assrape.  I wasn't trying to defend him exactly, cause Lord knows he makes me mad sometimes too, but just saying that maybe I have better luck with getting him to be cooperative.  When he's in a good mood, he's OK to play with, but when he's not...  Sad

Of course, I work with teenage boys who are in trouble, so maybe I have a bit more patience dealing with them than others might.  Smiley
St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »

and St0n3*r messaged me.  LOL

Chuuuuut! It was our secret  Tongue lol

Piotrus Pan
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 11:50:57 PM »

Hello to you too Bane, it's nice to be here.  Smiley  I made an account quite some time ago and forgot about it until I was looking through posts today and St0n3*r messaged me.  LOL

BTW, I hope I didn't upset anyone re: assrape.  I wasn't trying to defend him exactly, cause Lord knows he makes me mad sometimes too, but just saying that maybe I have better luck with getting him to be cooperative.  When he's in a good mood, he's OK to play with, but when he's not...  Sad

Of course, I work with teenage boys who are in trouble, so maybe I have a bit more patience dealing with them than others might.  Smiley

It's not that I'm not patient, to tell You the truth I can easily take out assrape on "his" map and i don't care that he's flag camping but he always spoils the game, especially when people won't play his map for 5th time!
As Perer Sillie said You wouldn't tolerate such a behaviour in real life so since I warned him, ask to stop and so on and so on, there is a limit of how many times I can get called "Gay Whore", "noob" and stuff like that.
I think I even would let him be, even with insulting me, but last time he didn't let us play for more than 2 hours and i just wanted to relax a little after work ...

To see what he does just download the demo i posted earlier.
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 06:10:39 AM »

It's not that I'm not patient, to tell You the truth I can easily take out assrape on "his" map and i don't care that he's flag camping but he always spoils the game, especially when people won't play his map for 5th time!
As Perer Sillie said You wouldn't tolerate such a behaviour in real life so since I warned him, ask to stop and so on and so on, there is a limit of how many times I can get called "Gay Whore", "noob" and stuff like that.
I think I even would let him be, even with insulting me, but last time he didn't let us play for more than 2 hours and i just wanted to relax a little after work ...

To see what he does just download the demo i posted earlier.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you are impatient.  I guess I'm just more familiar with assrape and can ignore his antics easier.  I'm not saying we should have to--assrape should behave properly like others so that *everyone* can enjoy the game, and I do understand about wanting to unwind after work.  OpenArena is just about my #1 stress outlet.  Mostly I look at assrape as being an annoyance, and one that can be a little funny some times.  When I get home from work and start playing, and LOL and mumble "Gay Whore" or "assraped", my wife will start laughing and say, "So, you're playing against assrape?"  He has a reputation at my house of being a pretty good player, but more notably as an immature potty mouth.

If assrape gets banned, that's fully understandable.  Like I said, I have tried to talk to him about his behavior before when he was in one of his good moods, to little effect unfortunately.  Sad
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 06:43:20 AM »

Just ban his ass, problem solved and no discussion needed ^^
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:16 AM »

@Pan piotr,
Heard about that anthropology idea which says when you're the observer of something you already alter your field of study ? That applies quite well here, though I'm rather convinced we're never a pure spectator but always something which interacts with our environment. Tongue

I'm not going to ban since I think it's out of proportion. I also think it can be dealt from within the game, I mostly hope it won't stop players from having fun. I've already seen much more annoying. I'm also much more tolerent towards provocation than towards stupidity.

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 03:54:49 AM »

Might be me, but I don't see the point in not banning people who can't seem to behave themselves. Same example with Scassapalle, he was camping and spamming the chat all the time, and eventually just got banned. Now he felt guilty cause not only he got banned (lot of italians are behind NAT), so he improved and got debanned.
If he was alone, and would have kept on like this, I wouldn't have minded at all just keeping him banned for the next 10 years. Just get him to grow up.
Piotrus Pan
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 04:31:43 AM »

@Pan piotr,
Heard about that anthropology idea which says when you're the observer of something you already alter your field of study ? That applies quite well here, though I'm rather convinced we're never a pure spectator but always something which interacts with our environment. Tongue

I'm not going to ban since I think it's out of proportion. I also think it can be dealt from within the game, I mostly hope it won't stop players from having fun. I've already seen much more annoying. I'm also much more tolerent towards provocation than towards stupidity.

You're kindly saying : "I don't know You, but i know assrape and I'm taking his side. You probably just started to play and got pissed of by assrape and immediately went crying here. And I don't care if You posted evidence link of assrape spoiling the game ... "

My OA nickname is Hawkmoon and i had problems with assrape for over a year. If that's not enough to ban him, then Yours servers aren't for me or my friends.
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 06:16:31 AM »

Hello Hawkmoon!  Sorry I didn't know your alternative name here.  Don't know if you recognize my name or not, but we've played in several games together.  Glad to put another "name" with a "face".  Smiley
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 09:35:38 AM »

@RMF,
So you're saying some solution is to ban IP ranges, so then assrape will feel responsible of this and will educate himself or be educated by the LGBT community. I fear every ban doesn't lead to a success story like this one.
I don't consider a long ban to be a success either, it's more of a "get this thing I cannot see away from my eyes", but not a way to solve a problem.

@Hawkmoon,
Don't make me say things I didn't. If you read above you'll see what I say is totally different.
I'm not either here to choose a side between you or he, all I do is to apply my admin "guidelines".

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 09:41:52 AM »

Hi Hawkmoon I know you we played together a lot nice to see you Smiley
Piotrus Pan
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 02:34:23 PM »

@BlankBruno 
Hello BlankBruno :-) 
Yes, I do remember You and I'm happy to "see" You :-) 
But I haven't seen You on OA for a long time, how come? When do You play? 

@Bane 
Hi Bane! 
I also remember You, but I don't remember when was the last time we played in OA, it's been so long! :-) 

@Cacatoes 
I'm not making You say anything. I think You meant to say "stop putting word in my mouth". Never the less I don't do that either. It doesn't matter if You are choosing a side or not, from my perspective, I give you evidence that assrape is not letting others play and insults them, people here tell You he should be banned and still You say You won't do it. This is clear for me that You have to have some purpose to not ban him. 
In my opinion You should resign of being an admin. I reported You a problem and there's no result and there won't be, as You said. Your "guidelines" are pointless.

So everybody, see You on OA, obviously not on ROFL, but there are plenty other servers.
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »

I still play most days, but usually now I play between 2200UTC and 0200UTC (evenings for me).  I used to work 3 days each week (16 hours + 16 hours + 8 hours), but I now work Monday-Friday, so I play after work most days and when I have time on the weekend.  Smiley
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 06:51:56 AM »

Yeah I have not played you in awhile mainly because I  have been playing a new game “Called find a Job” and I thought OA was hard. Going on interviews and sending out resumes is what my day consist of now mostly.
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 01:01:50 PM »

I feel for you Band.  My wife lost her job due to downsizing and budget cuts in June 2009--and hasn't been able to find a good (or even decent) job since.  That's why I try not to complain about work too much--at least I have a job, and they are really hard to find right now, as you have seen.  Good luck with your job hunt!
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 06:50:30 PM »

It may be my naive 17yo mind thinking too simple, but ever thought of the option of starting an own company? Or just parttime brings in more than nothing i guess.
Anyway good luck Bane, and also to your wife Bruno Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: