Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Item for Invulnerability Powerup  (Read 9365 times)
jackmcbarn
Nub

Cakes 3

« on: November 22, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »

The simple item for the invulnerability powerup can be seen through walls.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »

Where is a map with invulnerability, to test it? As far as I know, there is also a problem with the 3d model of invulnerability... that it does not exist! We need to do something...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:49:22 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 03:29:44 PM »

The tutorial map I've made includes every item. (Except the Team items, which only have the model) Try going in that map with cg_simpleitems 1.
It also happens with the Kamikaze icon. And I'm not sure if the four team items/runes (Doubler, Guard, Ammo Regen, Scout) have the same issue.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:34:09 PM »

Ooops... we wrote a post at the same time.
Mine was this:

About the simple item bug... I tested with this tutorial map, and it does not affect only the invulnerability, but also the kamikaze simple item.
I don't know why, but this does not happen from any direction.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »

The shader definitions are missing. Invulnerablity is missing completely, and current kamikaze definition name (icons/iconw_kamikaze ) could be wrong.

Fixed:
according to game/bg_misc.c, invulnerablity and kamikaze icons should be: icons/invulnerability and icons/kamikaze
Package: z_oafix3-invuln.pk3 z_oafix3-invuln_v2.pk3 (regen had the icon of invulnerability)
Please test it, then it will be posted to the SVN commits thread.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:29:28 PM by Udi » Logged

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
jackmcbarn
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »

Where is a map with invulnerability, to test it? As far as I know, there is also a problem with the 3d model of invulnerability... that it does not exist! We need to do something...
oa_bases3, in the water
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 05:55:30 PM »

The fix seems to work...  Smiley
Don't you have a magic hat with a 3D model for invulnerability, too?  Smiley

St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »

On oa_ctf4ish when running 085 i see the kamikaze stuff throught plaftorms/walls too.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »

I noticed that I f'ed up the fix, with the previous version regen had the same icon as invulnerablity. New version: z_oafix3-invuln_v2.pk3. I've modified all my posts linking the broken package.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 03:56:06 AM »

Good work (but not tested yet). Smiley

Now we need a 3D model for invulnerability!

Who could create it?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: