Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't connect to server - incorrect checksum error  (Read 8088 times)
jumper47
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: March 22, 2011, 01:00:59 AM »

When i connecting to server, i have this error - "incorrect checksumfor file corlscrew/z-player-shader.ed74c837.pk3
Is problem in my pc , or in server ?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:07:35 AM »

Do you have DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Autodownload]Autodownload enabled? What's the name/address of that server?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:51:48 AM »

If you know where to find that erroring file, maybe remove it so it redownloads when you connect.
In windows vista/7 it should be in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\openarena . For other os's, look in the openarena wiki page (can't look it up atm, on phone).
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 06:03:59 AM »

Configuration and autodownloaded files are stored under a folder known as "homepath" (but it is not the physical name of the directory), and under Windows it is possible to use the "shortcut" %appdata%\openarena to reach it.
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Homepath

Inside that folder, locate the "corkscrew" folder, and delete any .pk3 files from it. Then try to reconnect to the server: those files should be downloaded again.

PS: be sure you have autodownload enabled in both you baseoa and corkscrew configuration files (q3config.cfg).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:18:19 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
jumper47
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »

Thanks for the help, but alas, nothing worked - I deleted all files from ~ / .openarena / corkscrew, autodownload has been included - the same error.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:40:35 AM »

It looks like that you have another z-player-shader.pk3 down in your oa directories and corkscrew uses one, that is different from yours.
2 solutions:
1: make a safe copy of your q3config.cfg and delete oa compeltely (including all private folders), reinstall oa and place your q3config back in your private baseoa folder after a 1st short start of the game (to initialize the private baseoa folder)
2: search all oa directories to find the z-player-shader.pk3 file. delete all copies.

as long as you get the above message again, you still have a copy of the file somewhere on your hd...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: