Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (mission pak) switching server to favorites causes crashes  (Read 6849 times)
toasty
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 26, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »

Hello.
So heres what happens. In mission pack when server is switched to favorites it gets stuck on favorites and when I try to change it it crashes. Game just quits.
Technical info:
  • No servers on fav's list
    debian based linux (crunchbang statler)
    1gb ram
    processor Huh
    geforce 6200 512mb

removing q3config.cfg seems to fix the problem, of course all settings are lost
does anyone know of the setting name that changes the server setting? (from favorites, local, net)
this would be a temporary workaround

hopefully this is all clear Smiley
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:13:40 AM »

I suppose it should be like in the base game... where the favorites are stored in up to 16 variables, from "server1" to "server16". Try to set them to blank "".

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer#Favorites

Well, also in the base game DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Bugs#General]favorites should be enhanced, but at least there they don't crash the game, AFAIK.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
toasty
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:10:15 AM »

crashlog info that might be useful?

Code:
0 servers listed in browser with 0 players.
----- CL_Shutdown -----
OpenAL capture device closed.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
----- CL_Shutdown -----
WARNING: Recursive shutdown
----- CL_Shutdown -----
WARNING: Recursive shutdown
VM_Free(ui) on running vm

Huh
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »

Nope, unfortunately the crashlog doesn't help much.

1) MissionPack isn't really a finished component, so it's kinda normal you experience troubles with it.
2) I started MissionPack, added a favorite (one which doesn't exist but that should do it...), listed "internet" servers or "favorites" but I experience no crash.

Are you using the OA version from Debian repositories, or have you downloaded the game from openarena.ws ?
That bug could be Debian-specific.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: