Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Rcon Abuses  (Read 36451 times)
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« on: June 16, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »

Ok ive been playing openarena for some years now and ive recently seen many issues with ass hole players if you would are being crazy and nasty to other players but recently ive been banned from the supeR server for attempting to kick a player that was taking up a player slot for 1 hour and theres only 12/12 slots that were being used up.

i beileve the rcon is very abused by lucky players that were givin this

and to be honest i beileve NO PLAYER SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE A RCON UNLESS THEY ARE WITH THE CLAN THAT RUNS THE SERVER.

Im not saying any names but i think you were wrong for BANNING me for freeing up a player slot for someone else to play.

Mega Rules The World ! Mega Rules The World
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 01:26:35 AM »

Please mention this to the server owner, we here have no control of the openarena servers.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:33:39 AM by RMF » Logged
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 03:50:35 PM »

YEah i Kno Im Seeing If Anyone Expirences The Same Abuses

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 04:37:22 AM »

Btw I talked with the rcon holder, she warned and kicked you three times for continuous voting and insulting, but you reconnected and did not shut up like you were asked. Ban seems right to me, and I believe someone who can write full sentences with correct capitalisation and who holds rcon to a big server rather than I would believe you.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »

RMF you were not there please do not speak by word of mouth

People saw what happen and said the samething

read the log files dude if you can access them you will know what happen

so your statement is invalid

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 05:35:21 PM »

and by the way rmf what you say doesnt matter at this point because you obviously havent talk to anyone about toxcity or anything

i have the right to reconnect if i please but never did i ever say anything to make toxcity mad infact all i said was "you didnt have to kick me" not a problem get the real story before you leave a comment

think about the recent actvity your talking about A BANN FROM A SERVER PERMENETLY FOR SIMPLY  FREEING A PLAYER SLOT GET REAL DUDE

its an obvious Rcon Abuse

any problems with what i said see me in the arena  Grin

Bring your "A" game if you shall

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 12:47:55 AM »

So, recapitulating, you tried to vote-kick a player because in your opinion he was on the server for too long and in doing so blocked the server for other players. Your vote-kick didn't get enough support from the other players on the server, so you called for another vote, and another one, and another one, while cussing and insulting others because they didn't do what you wanted. Finally someone banned you because he thought of your behavior as abusive, and now you're complaining on a forum unrelated to that server that the guy who banned you abused his rcon power, right?

In response I can only think of one good answer:

I think congratulations are in order for your successfully freeing up a player slot!

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:00:17 AM »

i have the right to reconnect

.DD
thanks, gave me a laugh  Grin

lets find out what the Eurpean Court of Human Rights has to say about the Super,CTF server and Toxicity. ^^

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 01:21:10 AM »

What can I say? If someone calls a vote (of any kind) and it does not pass, he should not ask for it again in a short time. If one does it three, four of more times in a row, it's likely that he will have consequences, because he's disturbing everyone's play (voting distracts from gameplay for a while). One (especially if he's a standard user and not an admin) has to accept the result of any vote, just think to a real-life election or referendum.

As PopeJo suggested, online gaming is not a human right. We are using (for free of charge and withouth any written agreement!) somebody else's resources (servers, bandwidth, player slots), and they have all the rights to decide who allow and who do not allow on their servers. If someone wants to use his own rules, he should run a server himself.

My post is absolutely not anything personal about you: I would have written the same thing to anyone complaining to have been banned after re-joining a server that kicked him because he "flooded" with too many vote calls.

PS: Just a curiosity... what was doing that guy that you were trying to kick with all of your forces? Was he just spectating and not playing? Was he a camper? Was he a chatfragger? Was he just in the same server for three hours? Was he "owning" everyone else with his skills? Do you suspect he was cheating?
PPS: What would you have thought in case that your vote would have passed, that guy would have been kicked, and then he would have re-joined the server and for this reason banned? Would you have think that it would have been right or a rcon abuse?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:44:00 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 02:29:19 AM »

you obviously havent talk to anyone about toxcity or anything
I'm not gonna pollute that forum by linking you there, but I could quote if you like Tongue
And it's Toxicity by the way.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 04:05:48 AM »

I think congratulations are in order for your successfully freeing up a player slot!

+1

Same feelings here.
Dunno what you are talking about, swaggerall: your attempt was successful even if the result wasn´t what you expected.
So calm down and enjoy your success!
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »

So, recapitulating, you tried to vote-kick a player because in your opinion he was on the server for too long and in doing so blocked the server for other players. Your vote-kick didn't get enough support from the other players on the server, so you called for another vote, and another one, and another one, while cussing and insulting others because they didn't do what you wanted. Finally someone banned you because he thought of your behavior as abusive, and now you're complaining on a forum unrelated to that server that the guy who banned you abused his rcon power, right?

In response I can only think of one good answer:

See This is what im talking about.

YOUR LISTING TO TOXCITY BECAUSE SHE HAS THE RCON

I DID NOT DO THE FOLLOWING:

CURSE
ABUSE IN ANYWAY (name Calling ,etc)
I DID NOT EVEN SPEAK TO TOXICITY
AND I DID NOT CALL MORE THAN 1 (one) VOTE

I DID:

Re-enter the server 3 times

And i did speak BUT NOT TOWARDS TOXICITY
AND IT WASNT ABOUT KICKING ME

FIND THE LOGS !

GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT GET THE LOGS YOU WILL SEE IT !

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 11:56:35 AM »

What can I say? If someone calls a vote (of any kind) and it does not pass, he should not ask for it again in a short time. If one does it three, four of more times in a row, it's likely that he will have consequences,

I CALLED 1 VOTE

/callvote kick bim

THATS IT

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:45 PM »

All Im Saying is If Your Not supeR,bot you shouldnt have the rcon she has in the past abused it for no reason  and she's done it again she needs it taken away.....By using my past and reputation of being a jackass against me isnt cool its just to minpulate you to thinking and justifying the fact that she is right for kicking/banning me

Hope you like my colors Cheesy

She even said i was cursing and carrying on to make it seem like i did that such thing

DAMN LIE AND YOU SHOULDNT SIDE WITH HER UNLESS YOU WERE THERE AND IF YOU WERE THERE YOU WUDNT SIDE WITH HER

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »

Really man trust me, I'm not siding with anyone, I'm just trying to get it into your head that when you try kicking other people from servers you don't own or administrate, you might end up getting kicked yourself so you better be a damn good sport about it and not create a big fuzz. Creating a big fuzz when no real injustice has been done to you is the best way to attract the (renewed) attention of the authorities, and I'm sure you must know what that means by now.

To put it still more clearly: you're not helping yourself by spamming a forum where no one can help you with your problem but where you sure can get into trouble for spamming...

**HD
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 12:50:53 PM »

1. Wrong forum. There is already an active thread about exactly the same issue (toxi and rcon) in supeR forums and i doubt any of their server admins are reading this forum (otherwise they would have responded here).

2. There is no rcon abuse. Any admin is allowed to kick/ban people as much as he/she wants to.

3. Re-votes of declined callvotes within a short time is annoying as hell and should be disabled from the game (though i think it is difficult to realize, especially for map callvotes).
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 05:51:24 PM »

1. Wrong forum. There is already an active thread about exactly the same issue (toxi and rcon) in supeR forums and i doubt any of their server admins are reading this forum (otherwise they would have responded here).

2. There is no rcon abuse. Any admin is allowed to kick/ban people as much as he/she wants to.

3. Re-votes of declined callvotes within a short time is annoying as hell and should be disabled from the game (though i think it is difficult to realize, especially for map callvotes).

#1 Fuckin idiot i didnt make that topic on superbots.org i only read it and plus i put this 1 up before it

you obviously dont know shit with your idiotic statement on #2

and #3 your an ass hole bcuz i only called 1 got damn vote...

im not evenn going to entertain your ignorance with this

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »

Im only posting this on here because there is no way to sign up on superbots.org

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 01:30:29 AM »

Jesus man, cut it out. We have tried to make it clear to you that it isn't unfair for an admin to kick a player who tries to kick other players for no good reason.

The admin did exactly to you what you were trying to do to the other player, but instead of learning your lesson (being 'do not do unto others what you do not want others do unto you') and being a good sport about it, you got angry (if you weren't already). It's your unreasonable anger that got you banned, but obviously you're not getting what the admin was trying to teach you about that either (being 'playing a game is supposed to be fun, take your anger elsewhere')...

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 05:51:12 AM »

- you were right to call a vote if the player was idling and squatting a slot
- As far as I know you and her, I doubt you only did that, and it's very likely you don't tell us everything. I don't know why someone who has nothing to do with you would ban you even for a wrong vote call, as you claim you only did that. While it happens admins "abuse" rcon, you abuse our patience like some 14yo boy, 3 posts in a row just to unleash your stubborn complains is just another proof you're annoying, so I'm not surprised you got kicked, and even if I consider it can be unfair you got banned I wouldn't want to help much at that state.
Time for you to grow up and learn to deal with your personnal conflicts, come back when you have more interesting and honest matters in mind.

Edit: learn to edit your posts instead of adding new ones, like I just did.

Todo: Walk the cat.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 06:35:13 AM »

Jesus man, cut it out. We have tried to make it clear to you that it isn't unfair for an admin to kick a player who tries to kick other players for no good reason.

The admin did exactly to you what you were trying to do to the other player, but instead of learning your lesson (being 'do not do unto others what you do not want others do unto you') and being a good sport about it, you got angry (if you weren't already). It's your unreasonable anger that got you banned, but obviously you're not getting what the admin was trying to teach you about that either (being 'playing a game is supposed to be fun, take your anger elsewhere')...

Your Dismissed !

Idiot Its A Difference In What Actually Happened Then What Your Saying

Once Again Dude We Are Talking About A BAN For Getting Players That Will Actually Play This Game Instead Of Spectating For Super Long Periods  Of Time

AND WHO DID I GET ANGRY AT !

THE VOTE FAILED AND I DIDNT CARE I SAID NOTHING NADA DUDE NADA

I dont get mad when playing a game anymore dude if people wanna let people take up slots find by me not my server but im arguing a ban that was wrong and im trying to get this rcon out of the wrong hands

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 06:40:30 AM »

- you were right to call a vote if the player was idling and squatting a slot
- As far as I know you and her, I doubt you only did that, and it's very likely you don't tell us everything. I don't know why someone who has nothing to do with you would ban you even for a wrong vote call, as you claim you only did that. While it happens admins "abuse" rcon, you abuse our patience like some 14yo boy, 3 posts in a row just to unleash your stubborn complains is just another proof you're annoying, so I'm not surprised you got kicked, and even if I consider it can be unfair you got banned I wouldn't want to help much at that state.
Time for you to grow up and learn to deal with your personnal conflicts, come back when you have more interesting and honest matters in mind.

Edit: learn to edit your posts instead of adding new ones, like I just did.

In some cases there would be something hidden in what happen but im telling what I SAW because IT WAS ME that did NOTHING WRONG and got a huge penalty with NO WARNING what so ever.

you werent there so you cant say it was wrong for me MODS DONT USUALLY PLAY AT THAT SERVER
I HAD A FRIEND TRYING TO JOIN SO I ATTEMPTED TO KICK A SPECTATOR (1 HOUR SPECTATOR)
SO HE CAN JOIN

ITS 1 THING IF I TRIED TO KICK AN ACTIVE PLAYER

AND ITS ANOTHER IF I CALLED MORE THAN 1 VOTE

AS SOON AS VOTE FAILED

I GOT THIS PRETTY LITTLE MESSAGE SAYING I GOT KICKED

abuse dude rcons shouldnt be given out to people that dont know how to warn i didnt even know non supeR players can even have rcons

and you know what maybe i am wrong but i got no warning of any kind

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 07:08:32 AM »

Seems like locktime to me.

Swaggerall, you are right that we rather listen to Toxicity, but that is not because she has the rcon. It is because she is a well known player, and you have a bit of a reputation.
You seem to stick to your story though and that gives it some credibility. I will go after the logfiles, but I am not sure if I can get it or have someone look it up. I will contact you via PM or ingame if I find out anything.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 07:25:12 AM »

I will go after the logfiles, but I am not sure if I can get it or have someone look it up. I will contact you via PM or ingame if I find out anything.

thank you and you will see

Darkal
Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »

The problem is very simple :

Toxicity hasn't got the logs.

AIM, you can't argue as much as you want, the problem is away.

I will fix problems very fast. I never agreed that anyone got rconpassword on our servers, but, unfortunately, I'm not really looking for it ; this year I couldn't manage supeR,Servers ; that's why we have a lot of problems. Everything will be soon solved ; and Toxicity will take screenshots when she bans someone (during he has current rconpassword). That's it.

AIM, are you unbanned, BTW ?

| supeR,Penguin
| supeR,Bots website here !
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: